Memphis 1/22 1:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis 1/22 1:00 ESPN2

Memphis is a bit of a puzzle this year despite being 13-5 overall and 3-2 in conference. They're coming off an 2OT loss at UCF and a close 2 point win at Temple. Nothing about the lineup stands out other than Kendric Davis and DeAndre Williams. No one else averages in double figure scoring for this team. Alex Lomax (still here) is close and probably the beneficiary of having Davis on the team but he's not a shooting guard or a great assist guy.

If we can defend Davis to some extent and keep Williams off the boards we have a real shot at this. You can't foul Davis. He's 80%+ at the line.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/235

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

After early success against Penny (3-1), UC has dropped three straight against Memphis including two straight at home.

Both of last year's losses came by 7, including a tight game at Memphis that fell apart late.

In two games last year:
    - Davenport 41 points
    - DeJulius 28 points
    - Adams-Woods 27 points

Landers Nolley spent the last two seasons at Memphis, so this should be fun.

Comment

The Tigers are #37 in KenPom, while UC has climbed to #69. Considering home court advantage, this is basically a pick 'em. This game is not yet sold out, but the remaining seats through UC are in the nosebleed areas.

We need this one, as winning the following game in Houston is unlikely.

Comment

Feels like the Memphis program is unraveling a bit. I watched a bit of Memphis vs Wichita a couple nights ago (at Memphis). The stands were almost totally empty. Have to wonder if the seat is getting hot for Penny.

Comment

Oh. Does the Viktor Lahkin brain fart parade continue Sunday? What does the Rowdy Russian have in store for us next?

Comment

Joey Brackets has Memphis as a #11 seed in today's bracketology update, narrowly missing a First Four game in Dayton https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

I think the AAC will be pulling for Memphis on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Joey Brackets has Memphis as a #11 seed in today's bracketology update, narrowly missing a First Four game in Dayton https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

I think the AAC will be pulling for Memphis on Sunday!
              Memphis can join us in beating Houston to help their seeding after they lose to us. That would help get more AAC teams into the Tourney. To be honest, UC nearly needs to win out, but needs to get quality wins. We have few opportunities for a quality win, so the conference may be pulling for us.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

In the next 4 games UC has Memphis at home (Quad 2 game), at Houston (Quad 1 game), Tulsa, and UCF at home (Quad 2 game). Out of Memphis, Houston, UCF upcoming games I think they need to win at least 2 out of 3 of those games to have even a slight shot at the NCAA. They have to get some Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. The next couple weeks can make or break them.

Comment

Members of the 2012 Sweet 16 team will be on hand
                  https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...DU2ezk_u4sAAAA

Comment

Justin Jackson. Haven't heard that name in a very long while. That young man had a motor that just didn't stop. I absolutely loved his energy.

Comment

Ody kinda reminds me of JJ some without some of the offensive prowess. As a side, I'm hoping the 'cats put together a near error free game today. It would be a statement if the upset would be pulled today @ 5/3.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Ody kinda reminds me of JJ some without some of the offensive prowess. As a side, I'm hoping the 'cats put together a near error free game today. It would be a statement if the upset would be pulled today @ 5/3.
                        The game is tomorrow, Rufus.

Comment

It may be very important for Nolley not to do TOO MUCH to show Memphis what a great player he truly is. I hope that Nolley takes what the defense gives up and passes the ball. This game with Memphis is very winnable. If UC can beat them on the boards, keeps the scoring down, and NOT turn the ball over, with their scoring, this is a game against an NCAA tournament caliber opponent that they may be able to win. Here is hoping for the win. By the way, take a look at Memphis' schedule on the season. Very impressive. This is MOST DEFINITELY an NCAA tournament team.
                          Last edited by leeraymond; 01-21-2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Scott Springer:
                            UC/Memphis kicks off the sports Sunday. UC's athletics department, at the first media timeout, will recognize members of the UC Health/Medical Center staff who aided in the treatment/recovery of Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin following his in-game cardiac arrest Jan. 2

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                              It may be very important for Nolley not to do TOO MUCH to show Memphis what a great player he truly is. I hope that Nolley takes what the defense gives up and passes the ball. This game with Memphis is very winnable. If UC can beat them on the boards, keeps the scoring down, and NOT turn the ball over, with their scoring, this is a game against an NCAA tournament caliber opponent that they may be able to win. Here is hoping for the win. By the way, take a look at Memphis' schedule on the season. Very impressive. This is MOST DEFINITELY an NCAA tournament team.
                              I was thinking somewhat the same. I hope everyone brings their A game because Nolley will be pressing for sure. This is an absolute MUST win if we are to have any cred at all. Then we need to win all the games we are supposed to and split the 4 games left that are possible losses: @ Hou, @ Tulane, @ UCF and @ Mem. That would make them 14-4 in conference which may be optimistic so lets say 13-5, plus 9-4 pre conference for a 22-9 overall season. I think if we then win a couple in the conference tourney we should be on the bubble or maybe in as the AAC #2 team. Mide as well dream optimistically, right?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X