Tulane 2/7 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane 2/7 7:00 ESPN+

This is big from a standings perspective. Tulane is in 2nd place but only 1 full game ahead of us in the standings. (UC is in 5th place currently). Probably more importantly, we need this win to make sure we stay in 5th or higher down the stretch in conference play. Teams 1-5 in the standings get a bye for the first round of the conference championship. While that sounds wrong, now that we only have 11 teams in conference there is no 12th place team to play the 5 seed during the Thursday daytime schedule.

Tulane is fresh off beating Memphis in overtime on Saturday. They are now 8-3 in conference play and 15-7 overall. They've won 3 straight games, two of which were on the road. This one's in New Orleans where they are 9-2 on the season. Fortunately this will be last time we visit their very small and lightly attended arena.

UC has to figure out a way to contain Cook and Forbes offensively. This is a high scoring team at 81 ppg although some of that is from playing OT games.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2655
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

UC 16-8 (7-4) at Tulane 15-7 (8-3)
    KenPom: UC 60, Tulane 80
    NET: UC 73, Tulane 91 (Quad 2 road game)

Tulane is tied for 2nd in the AAC, UC is 5th ... big implications for UC if they want a top 3 AAC seed

Since a 20-point loss to Houston and an OT loss to Tulsa (1-10 in league play), Tulane has won 3 straight: at Wichita State (OT), SMU, at Memphis (OT)

Jalen Cook is averaging 19.1, while Jaylen Forbes is averaging 18.7.

Tulane is #18 in the country in points per game (81.4 ppg), but 310th in the country in points allowed (74.9)

UC preview
    https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/2/6...tal-clash.aspx
    - UC has won 19 of the last 22, including an 88-77 win versus Tulane on December 29
    - UC is 9-3 versus Tulane in AAC games

Jacobs Evans will be in the house https://twitter.com/JacobEvans_1/sta...Cz3abX-oMtAAAA Feels like just yesterday he was a senior in high school and sat with the UC students who traveled to NOLA
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-06-2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

See this is what happens when both of us start a thread at the exact same time. Lol
      Last edited by Lobot; 02-06-2023, 03:40 PM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        See this what happens when both of us start a thread at the exact same time. Lol
        I'm seeing 11:32 a.m. and 12:09 p.m. Maybe it was the ET vs CT time difference

Comment

I think we have to go 6 and 1 for a top 3 spot

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I'm seeing 11:32 a.m. and 12:09 p.m. Maybe it was the ET vs CT time difference
            The thread merge was supposed to come out in reverse. You were first. I got distracted while typing mine up and it sat there for a while. oh well.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can't afford to have any of those in game lapses we've been prone to in recent games. We need to bring the intensity on defense like we did in the first half against UCF. It also will be necessary to hit some 3's early to loosen up the defense. After watching Tulane at Memphis this one makes me very nervous. They have a lot of firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                UC 16-8 (7-4) at Tulane 15-7 (8-3)
                KenPom: UC 60, Tulane 80
                NET: UC 73, Tulane 91 (Quad 2 road game)
                UC 74, Tulane 89 in the NET ... KP remains unchanged from yesterday

ESPN.com showing Tulane as a 1.5 point favorite

Comment

well time for the game but I have 2 of my girls here and they want cartoons. So far Go Cats. I bought a big thing of cracker jacks for them, I have not had them in years. Both my wife and I agree they don't have much caramel as they did years ago - Boo hiss --- so far am watching but the tip off hasn't been thrown up

Comment

VIK outbounded then beaten

Comment

damn picture

Comment

commercial looks good

Comment

ESPN+ really sucks.

Comment

even the computer's pic sucks

Comment

Tulane zoning on defense gonna be our killer.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X