No announcement yet.

Central Florida 2/19 12:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in all there were some very frustrating parts of that game but they got it done on the road and right now, that's a huge win for us in this season. If you would have told me at the point that conference play started that we'd sweep UCF during the season, I would have called you out.

I'm curious as to why JD was in the game on the defensive end late. You'd think there would be a Off/Def sub pattern for him in that instance. JD is JD and the coaches have to know he's going to get isolated in late game situations.

Smart of Johnny Dawkins to face guard DeJulius during the UCF comeback. He probably should have done that on the last possession.

We can't continue to be that sloppy with the ball against the press late in the game.

Ody and Kalu for 27 combined. That's great production from the 4 and 5 without Viktor in there. All 5 starters in doubles today and we needed everything we got from MAW today. I will give JD deserved credit for his rebounding today. He had a couple of key offensive rebounds down the stretch.

If anyone ever figured what the heck they called on UCF's flagrant 1, let me know.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492747

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dan Hoard call
      https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoard/dav...nner-beats-ucf

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        All in all there were some very frustrating parts of that game but they got it done on the road and right now, that's a huge win for us in this season. If you would have told me at the point that conference play started that we'd sweep UCF during the season, I would have called you out.

I'm curious as to why JD was in the game on the defensive end late. You'd think there would be a Off/Def sub pattern for him in that instance. JD is JD and the coaches have to know he's going to get isolated in late game situations.

Smart of Johnny Dawkins to face guard DeJulius during the UCF comeback. He probably should have done that on the last possession.

We can't continue to be that sloppy with the ball against the press late in the game.

Ody and Kalu for 27 combined. That's great production from the 4 and 5 without Viktor in there. All 5 starters in doubles today and we needed everything we got from MAW today. I will give JD deserved credit for his rebounding today. He had a couple of key offensive rebounds down the stretch.

If anyone ever figured what the heck they called on UCF's flagrant 1, let me know.

I thought I saw Hensley at the table, but there was no time out. JD second half - 1 rebound 0 assists 0 points. I didn't count the points he gave up after 20 early in the second half.
        6 rebounds 1 assist 2 points the entire game

Comment

Jizzle James was in attendance

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Jizzle James was in attendance
            I am sure he saw playing time awaits. UC got 2 points from the bench and 6 rebounds. I may be wrong. Even with the 3 missing players, the production should have been better against the team they played. Skillings and Reed looked better, but they just didn't hurt the team. I don't believe we got an assist from our point guard either Unless David D is considered the PG.

Comment

From GoBearcats.com This shows the highlights plus the write-up. DeJulius' Runner in Final Second Secures 73-71 Road Win - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Good post. This team reminds me of a tune by Ike and Tina Turner, Proud Mary; "We never ever do anything nice and easy. We do it nice and rough". This team has a problem holding leads, especially late in games. David Dejulius did a very smart thing when the game was on the line. He DID NOT give the ball to Nolley although Nolley called for it. It has become clear that DeJulius may be more of a go-to-guy than Nolley when the game is on the line. Nolley is somewhat accident prone in pressure situations. This was a GOOD WIN. UC now has two more wins in the conference than all of last year. I am still hoping that UC can get to 20 wins on the season. One game at a time. Temple at home is next.
                Last edited by leeraymond; 02-19-2023, 08:04 PM.

Comment

just wanted to shout out JDs rebound off missed free throw late, big play

Comment

Today was the first time I was able to watch Kalu
                    play & I was impressed with his athleticism.
                    Why did it take 3/4 of the season to see him ?
                    Has he just recently shown progress in practice ?

Comment

It seems to me there was something said awhile ago about Kalu was having a hard time adjusting to the competition going from the sun belt conference to the AAC. To me it looked like he tried to hard to make an immediate impact when he got a chance to play in the 4 minute increments of playing time he was given. All I know is that was being shown on the floor at that time was not what was advertised when he was "snagged" off from the portal. He has quietly put together a couple good games since Vik has been hurt, so it may be that he has ceased putting so much pressure on himself. With that being said I don't think he would be the big man answer with the move to the big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        It seems to me there was something said awhile ago about Kalu was having a hard time adjusting to the competition going from the sun belt conference to the AAC. To me it looked like he tried too for hard to make an immediate impact when he got a chance to play in the 4 minute increments of playing time he was given. All I know is that was being shown on the floor at that time was not what was advertised when he was "snagged" off from the portal. He has quietly put together a couple good games since Vik has been hurt, so it may be that he has ceased putting so much pressure on himself. With that being said I don't think he would be the big man answer with the move to the big 12.
                        Thanks for the take- would he be an option for PF ?

Comment

I don't know if He has another year left and also if he struggled against AAC competition I don't see him excelling against B12. I'm not a coach or claim to be. This is solely my observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            I don't know if He has another year left and also if he struggled against AAC competition I don't see him excelling against B12. I'm not a coach or claim to be. This is solely my observations.
                            Kalu is a 5th year senior. He does not have another year left. Same with Rob Phinisee.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I thought MIler finally used his timeouts wisely a few times to stop UCF momentum and to set up his play at the end of the game on offense.

Comment

I was happy that UCF's efforts were all for 'NAUghT(S)!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X