Memphis 2/26 2:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis 2/26 2:00 ESPN2

This got more interesting after last night when previously injured Kendric Davis, Malcolm Dandridge and Alex Lomax all played against Wichita St in 83-78 win. I was hoping to some extent to get them without Davis but no such luck. He went for 19 in 35 minutes last night. That makes this a tall task on the road for the Bearcats. Memphis is 21-7, trying to get off the NCAA bubble and attempting to maintain 2nd place in conference. The Tigers are currently a half game ahead of Tulane in the standings with 3 games to play including this one.

UC needs this one for AAC tournament seeding and for postseason positioning. The Bearcats are 19-10 but sub .500 on the road this season. We currently sit in 4th place in the AAC standings and it would be beneficial to get to 3rd. As of right now you would avoid both Temple in the first round and Houston in the second round by getting there. Beating the Tigers would give us a quad 1 NET win. We're currently 1-3 against Q1 teams. If we can at least somewhat contain Kendric Davis, we have a pretty good shot.

NET:

Memphis 38
    UC 79

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/235
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Kevin Brown, Mark Adams on the TV call Sunday

Per Scott Springer's preview article, UC leads the all-time series 47-38 https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...n/69918945007/

Comment

In case you missed this earlier this week Penny and Mark Adams are not on good terms right now because Mark made a snide remark about DeAndre Williams’ age without context.

Williams is 26 and had a circuitous route to college after a prep school left him holding the bag.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If Cincinnati can knock-off Memphis, should UC be considered for post-season play?

Comment

NIT is an outside possibility. No chance of making the NCAA tournament unless they win the AAC conference tournament. I doubt the team would accept any invitation besides the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            NIT is an outside possibility. No chance of making the NCAA tournament unless they win the AAC conference tournament. I doubt the team would accept any invitation besides the NIT.
            Current NET is 80 which seems a little low for NIT but apparently NIT brackets have them in today. But that prob changes when several mid major reg season champs lose in conference tournaments - I think those teams get auto NIT bids… of course, win today and UC metrics would see a solid bump.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Current NET is 80 which seems a little low for NIT but apparently NIT brackets have them in today. But that prob changes when several mid major reg season champs lose in conference tournaments - I think those teams get auto NIT bids… of course, win today and UC metrics would see a solid bump.
              Between the NCAA tourney (68) and NIT (32) there are 100 bids to be had. There are 32 conferences and, therefore, 32 automatic NCAA bids. In order to knock the #80 team (in the committee's collective minds) out of the NIT, there would have to be at least 21 conference tourney upsets that eliminate teams that would have received NCAA bids. Those 21 former bid-holders would then fall to the NIT, pushing out NIT bubble teams. That seems unlikely. Except in the cases of teams from one-bid leagues, a good number of teams that lose in their conference tourneys still would receive NCAA bids. It will occur that NCAA bubble teams will get pushed out, but it's highly doubtful that 21 would suffer such a fate.

Keep in mind that the NET is an introductory guide to the committee. If they went strictly by those numbers, there would be no need for a committee. Just because the computers say UC is #80 doesn't mean the cloistered decision makers concur.

Then again, I agree that winning at Memphis would provide a great boon to the Cats' chances of an NIT slot.

Comment

The three not working for the cats so far early.

Comment

Lomax has Nolley's #

Comment

I'll say it again....Nolley drives me crazy with his nonchalant focus.

Comment

Let's now see how much pride Nolley has!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Let's now see how much pride Nolley has!
                        or basic basketball skills/IQ

Comment

Nolley didn't box out led to a long pass an easy 2

Comment

Can't handle Memphis press three steals. Cats confused, hamstrung, can't establish an offense.

Comment

They got inside Nolley's head. UC getting punked and out hustled. Offense reduced to jacking bad 3's again.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X