X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Southern Methodist 3/5 2:00 ESPN+

Southern Methodist 3/5 2:00 ESPN+

Next to last shot at 20 wins for the Bearcats. Unless we're a headcase or rusty after a whole week off, we should bring this one home. The only reason SMU is not in last place is because Tulsa is horrid this year. The Mustangs will most likely complete the regular season at 10-20. That's good for 10th in the conference.

Contain the guards and you're good to go.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2567

• Rufus
    replied
    You got something there Leo!👍

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Yea I would like to see a carbon copy of Bobby Brannen recruited to Cincy before going into B12 play. Wishful thinking.
    If I could dream - add to him Eric Hicks and watch the Big 12 whine

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Yea I would like to see a carbon copy of Bobby Brannen recruited to Cincy before going into B12 play. Wishful thinking.

Leave a comment:

• leeraymond
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    I've come to believe that today's players just do not like being physical in bball like it was fifteen, twenty years ago. I can remember when the bearcats were referred to as thugs. Of course some unfortunate events outside the court contributed to that moniker but opposing teams knew going in that there was going to be some pushing and shoving, skinned elbows and shots were going to altered.
    Ha ha ha. That is a good one Rufus; thugs. I remember that under Huggins. Hey, those guys played very physical. An opposing player just could not drive the ball into the paint without getting touched-up a little. On another note; I kinda feel bad for DeJulius, Davenport, and Adams-Woods. They may be the first 3 and 4 year UC players in about 14 years that will not experience an NCAA tournament. That has not happened much to UC players in the last 30 years or so.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I've come to believe that today's players just do not like being physical in bball like it was fifteen, twenty years ago. I can remember when the bearcats were referred to as thugs. Of course some unfortunate events outside the court contributed to that moniker but opposing teams knew going in that there was going to be some pushing and shoving, skinned elbows and shots were going to altered.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    Let’s hope the first half of our Houston game + second half of our Memphis game is the total game we bring Friday-Sunday. If UC does that, hello Madness🤘

Leave a comment:

• leeraymond
    replied
    Congratulations to Cincinnati basketball for the 20 win season. It was NOT easy. What do you all think about UC's chances of being picked for the NIT? Of course making an impression in the AAC tournament is still the hope. There are two teams in the AAC that UC, maybe, cannot beat: Houston and Memphis. Temple is also a problem team. Cincinnati's guards do not match up well with Temple's guards. However, that is why when a lesser team beats a favorite, it is called an upset. Here is hoping that UC can pull some upsets. Play Ezikpe!! By the way, there are only three (3) twenty (20) win teams in the AAC regular season (Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati). Something to think about.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 03-06-2023, 05:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gmann
    replied
    Good win in front of a great crowd. Really happy for DDJ. What a class act and a true Bearcat! Let's carry that momentum over to the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat9796
    replied
    time to shock the world!

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    bring on temple

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gmann View Post
    Can we play defense without fouling just once?
    It's part of the reason we give up big leads.

Leave a comment:

• Gmann
    replied
    The game is a lot easier when Lakhin is in the flow.

Leave a comment:

• Gmann
    replied
    Can we play defense without fouling just once?

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Let's see how we can fritter away another lead

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X