NIT Selection Show Sunday Night, 9:00, ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIT Selection Show Sunday Night, 9:00, ESPNU

Since it's obvious that the Cats won't receive an invitation to the NCAA Tourney, let's set our sights on the NIT. The brackets will be announced at 9:00 on ESPNU.

There are some NIT bracketologists out there, but who knows if they really know anything about the process. Anyway, the three I've seen all have the Bearcats in fhe field, ranging from a #3 seed to #6 (all prior to today's loss). The top four seeds receive opening home games.

This year's NIT Final 4 will be at The Orleans in Vegas, after a decades-long run at Madison Square Garden. The 2024 edition (which I hope we escape) will be in Indy.

I hope that we can manage a four seed. I will go see the cats if they play at home.

Comment

UNC will not participate

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        UNC will not participate
        won't be the first games this year which they didn't participate - My fear if they suck next year or the year after and CWM wins at UC he's gone. If he doesn't win, he should also be gone.

Comment

I just found that the NIT selection show will be at 10:00, not 9:00. ESPNU is showing the women's NCAA selection at 9:00. So, the title of this thread needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            UNC will not participate
            The first preseason number 1 team not to make the NCAA Tournament. UNC basketball will not play in NIT after missing NCAA Tournament (yahoo.com)

About the selection. I did not realize that the small conference regular season champs that lost in their tournament have an automatic bid to the NIT. NIT selection show 2023: How to watch, what to know about National Invitational Tournament (yahoo.com)
            Last edited by bearcatbret; 03-12-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

The first preseason number 1 team not to make the NCAA Tournament. UNC basketball will not play in NIT after missing NCAA Tournament (yahoo.com)

About the selection. I did not realize that the small conference regular season champs that lost in their tournament have an automatic bid to the NIT. NIT selection show 2023: How to watch, what to know about National Invitational Tournament (yahoo.com)
              Which teams are affected by that?

Comment

We play at home Wednesday night 9:00 PM against Virginia Tech. #4 Seed.

Comment

2023 NIT bracket, schedule, TV channels for the men’s tournament

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ticle-carousel

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Which teams are affected by that?
                    There are quite a few. If you look at the NIT bracket, you will see an asterisk next to several teams. Those are teams that had an automatic bid by winning their conference regular season but losing the conference tournament.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X