Sat 2 PM ET Cinc @ Hof - ESPN+
    Sun 12 PM ET Lib @ Wisc - ESPN2
    Sun 2 PM ET EWU @ OK St - ESPN2
    Sun 3 PM ET Mrhd @ UAB - ESPN+
    Sun 4 PM ET SHSU @ UNT - ESPN+
    Sun 7:30 PM ET UCF @ Ore - ESPNU
    Sun 9:30 PM ET UVU @ Col - ESPNU

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrWGqDxa...name=4096x4096
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-16-2023, 10:28 AM.

Why is Hofstra hosting this game? UC is the higher seeded team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Why is Hofstra hosting this game? UC is the higher seeded team.
      I believe UC has a pre-scheduled/pre-contracted out floor resurfacing

Comment

They like to get 3's up. On paper we should win...but going there, with a potential rowdy (small) crowd., we better be ready.
        Cory Huffman
        Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

That is correct. Per John Cunningham Tuesday night, this work had been planned long ago and they postponed it long enough to host one NIT game. The work will take several weeks and must be done before graduation ceremonies at 5th/3rd. So, they can wait no longer.

Comment

Last night, the officials let the guys play. Very few calls which I believe plays into UC's game.

Comment

Head coach is NBA vet Speedy Claxton

Top scorer played a year at Oregon and third-leading scorer played a year at Iowa State -- though neither big impact guys there

I noticed someone on the roster (no games played) appears to have been Dan Skillings' high school teammate -- a fellow freshman from Roman Catholic (PA)

Comment

Last night, the officials let the guys play. Very few calls which I believe plays into UC's game.
                On a Hokies' message board, the posters universally called out the officials for letting the Cats get away with physical play ... snowflakes.

Comment

that's an interesting take from hokies fans. was at the game and close to the floor, and I would say the fans in the building (obviously we have a bias) would have said the opposite-UC got called for several little nothing calls, while there were several audible smacks that were no-calls on VT (although they did let Ody get away with a couple moving screens so it probably all evened out...)

V

Comment

could the tight window between games at tournament time be a reason for not all the stoppage

Comment

I think during tournament time the refs let them play a bit more. I think time is part of it and they know fans don't want the game to be a free throw contest. I felt there was physical play on both sides and some things were missed but overall I prefer that style and I do think it benefits the 'Cats.

Comment

The Pride are a guard-centric team. The leading scorers are all guards: Aaron Estrada, 6'3" RS SR; Tyler Thomas, 6'3" RS SR; Darlinstone Dubar, 6'8" SO. Estrada leads the trio at 20 ppg.

I've never seen them play, so I have no idea what they do to win games. Hofstra opened the season with wins at Princeton and at home over Iona, two NCAA Tourney teams. St. Mary's handled the Pride in November by 19 in Moraga. The sole common foes with UC were USF, who beat Hofstra in Tampa, 77-70.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I am not sure what difference waiting until Monday to start versus today. That is only 2 working days and it is not like they will have any weather delays. I noticed that UC had the NIT logo on the court for last night's game. So, I am sure that this is more than just adding the Big 12 logo to the court. However, with the attendance at only 6,500 last night, I doubt that it was a money maker for UC. I would have liked to have another chance to see them play though and I do think that the home court gave them an advantage.

Comment

Some unintentional bulletin board material for Hofstra and its fans:

"Cincinnati's coming to Hofstra, that doesn't happen often," Bearcats head coach Wes Miller said. "That will be a really big game for their fans and their program. It will be a really good test for us. It will be like Northern Kentucky on steroids. We're going to have to show that we've improved a lot since the Northern Kentucky game."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/70016179007/

Comment

I am not sure what difference waiting until Monday to start versus today. That is only 2 working days and it is not like they will have any weather delays. I noticed that UC had the NIT logo on the court for last night's game. So, I am sure that this is more than just adding the Big 12 logo to the court. However, with the attendance at only 6,500 last night, I doubt that it was a money maker for UC. I would have liked to have another chance to see them play though and I do think that the home court gave them an advantage.
                              Apparently this was scheduled and delayed once already because of the VT game. After they sand down the floor and repaint and relacquer it, it has set for 90 days. It also has to be done by spring graduation ceremonies. They're out of time.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X