Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Some unintentional bulletin board material for Hofstra and its fans:

"Cincinnati's coming to Hofstra, that doesn't happen often," Bearcats head coach Wes Miller said. "That will be a really big game for their fans and their program. It will be a really good test for us. It will be like Northern Kentucky on steroids. We're going to have to show that we've improved a lot since the Northern Kentucky game."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/70016179007/
    I don't think that's a slight at all. It's pretty accurate. If you read their fan forum they are pining for a sellout of a 5k arena which no bigger conference school would ever visit in the OOC. They only average about 2.5k fans per game.

Comment

We should start a fyi if anyone knows of local establishments where the game will be carried. Not sure on espn plus running against the tourney who will have it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Some unintentional bulletin board material for Hofstra and its fans:

"Cincinnati's coming to Hofstra, that doesn't happen often," Bearcats head coach Wes Miller said. "That will be a really big game for their fans and their program. It will be a really good test for us. It will be like Northern Kentucky on steroids. We're going to have to show that we've improved a lot since the Northern Kentucky game."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/70016179007/
        Maybe a bit of an exaggeration by Wes

Kenpom
        Hofstra 86
        NKU 157

For comparison Cincinnati is 53 and Virginia Tech was 81 (only slightly higher than Hofstra)

Comment

Anyone know what number ESPN + channel is UC game? IPTV subscriber dont have program guide so have to go through all the channels to find the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            We should start a fyi if anyone knows of local establishments where the game will be carried. Not sure on espn plus running against the tourney who will have it on.
            Call Martinos (513.221.8487) and ask them if they will have it on.

Sports Bar & Italian Restaurant | Martino's on Vine near UC (martinosonvine.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration by Wes

Kenpom
              Hofstra 86
              NKU 157

For comparison Cincinnati is 53 and Virginia Tech was 81 (only slightly higher than Hofstra)
              what part of Coach Miller’s comment was an exaggeration?
              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

We’ll be in attendance today. My wife went to Hofstra and our 2 year old daughter will be dressed 50/50 Pride/Bearcat, a la Donna Kelce at the suberbowl.

I’ve watched a decent amount of Hofstra this season and seasons past. They will bring energy 40 mins non-stop. They can score and they hustle on defense. If we don’t start with energy, we’re gonna struggle in the first half big time and might not recover in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
                  We’ll be in attendance today. My wife went to Hofstra and our 2 year old daughter will be dressed 50/50 Pride/Bearcat, a la Donna Kelce at the suberbowl.

I’ve watched a decent amount of Hofstra this season and seasons past. They will bring energy 40 mins non-stop. They can score and they hustle on defense. If we don’t start with energy, we’re gonna struggle in the first half big time and might not recover in the second half.
                  Awesome -- have fun

Comment

I just realized because this is ESPN+ and an away game, Hofstra will be producing. The broadcast might be a little intersting a la BGSU from a few years ago.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was a little surprised to learn that we have never played Hofstra until today. We've played a lot of the other teams out of the Colonial conference as buy games and in the NCAAs, but not the Pride.

Hofstra is 25-9 up to this point and finished in 1st place in the regular season. The key here is containing Aaron Estrada on the offensive end. He's the do everything guy for the them as the leading leading scorer and rebounder.

I can't find film on the Pride but it appears based on the stats that they play a four guard, one forward offense which might turn out to be a bit like Villanova. They have some height at 6'8 and 6'10 but none of the forwards average much more than 20 minutes a game. Outside of two freshman forwards, most of the team is 6'5 or under.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nutes/dir/desc
                      Last edited by Lobot; 03-18-2023, 10:06 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

event about to start - bring it on

Comment

Vik with the head band

Comment

love them rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              Vik with the head band
                              What's the over/ under when the headband comes off! It was just after five minutes the last game.

Comment

too easy the driving to the basket

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X