Merrimack 12/19 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vik is giving Davenport vibes, loved him
    earlier on but lots of really dumb decisions, random shots. I’d like to see Jamille for a few games take
    some of Vik’s minutes just to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
      Vik is giving Davenport vibes, loved him
      earlier on but lots of really dumb decisions, random shots. I’d like to see Jamille for a few games take
      some of Vik’s minutes just to see what happens.
      agreed ODY too. We need his quickness and hustle on defense.

Comment

I'm ok with Vik taking 1 or 2 if he's wide open out there. If he makes one suddenly the opposing team has to figure how to guard him all over again. Keeps the defense from clogging the lane.

Sounds like a Raftery made up drinking holiday "The Cloggin O' the Lane"
        Last edited by Lobot; 12-18-2023, 08:28 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Let me defend Vik here a little bit. He’s 10 for 30 from 3 this season. But fans are reacting to the 1 for 7 vs. Xavier and 0 for 5 vs. Dayton. Vik has to figure out where his best shots are with Aziz on the floor. Although Aziz is a net positive for this team, it does clog the post some for Vik. I agree that five a game is probably too many but 2-4 may not be depending on the game. The 3 pointer for him needs to complement his post game.

Comment

Originally posted by bg703 View Post
            Let me defend Vik here a little bit. He’s 10 for 30 from 3 this season. But fans are reacting to the 1 for 7 vs. Xavier and 0 for 5 vs. Dayton. Vik has to figure out where his best shots are with Aziz on the floor. Although Aziz is a net positive for this team, it does clog the post some for Vik. I agree that five a game is probably too many but 2-4 may not be depending on the game. The 3 pointer for him needs to complement his post game.
            I agree, he has come up with a much needed 3 on occasion.

Comment

Regarding Vik, we know he’s a big NBA fan. Wonder if he’s trying to expand his game to mirror NBA bigs a little too abruptly ?

Comment

Interesting that Vik’s poor performance comes against better teams. To be fair, let’s see what he does against other Q1 teams. If he evens out, all good. If he continues to perform poorly against better teams, he either need to stop taking 5+ threes in a game or face reduced minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                  Interesting that Vik’s poor performance comes against better teams. To be fair, let’s see what he does against other Q1 teams. If he evens out, all good. If he continues to perform poorly against better teams, he either need to stop taking 5+ threes in a game or face reduced minutes.
                  1 for 12 against mid ranked rivals ain't much to brag on.

Comment

ESPN showing UC as a 19.5 favorite

I do not know how much we will learn from this game, but I would welcome a 20-point win tonight. They were pretty sluggish versus Bryant after the XU loss, but broke things open late. Hope to see a more complete effort tonight.

Comment

The Warriors play at a relatively slow tempo (#232, per KenPom) and are not efficient offensively (#333), although their defensive efficiency is well above average (#134). They are 1-5 on the road, with losses at FL & tO$U by 20+ each. Merrimack lost a close game at Georgetown (67-69), but the Hoyas are mere shells of their former selves (#178 KenPom).

Four starters average at or just below 30 minutes apiece per game. They are the only double-digit scorers. Most of their players are bricklayers from outside (26.7%), except a Lithuanian guard named Plinkauskas, who plays very little. He's 5-for-12, with all shots beyond the arc.

The top scorer is Jordan Derkack, a 6'5" guard, averaging 16.9 ppg. His best games have been against a D2 team and a middling UMass-Lowell, both at home.

Comment

Miller needs to ask himself a very basic question: why can't UC beat more competitive teams? It makes you wonder during film and prep sessions, does Miller allow the assistant coaches to help with the defensive game strategy and planning? UC gave up an average of 83 points/game against X and UD. Also, in the 3 years that Miller has been the UC coach, his teams have given up an average of 82.3 points/game to Xavier. No team can win giving up that many points a game against good competition. My guess is the team will do the EXACT SAME THING tonight that they have been doing for the past 3 years. It will most likely result in a win tonight, but it probably will NOT work in the BIG 12. Where has the big bad Cincinnati defense gone? Ask Miller.
                        Last edited by leeraymond; 12-19-2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I just came across this headline; "Cincinnati Has Floundered in a Bunch of Big Games Under Wes Miller". During the after-loss Dayton press conference, Miller was upset that the team could not get defensive stops. However, I have to wonder if Miller actually goes through on-on-one defensive drills daily. Check this stat out which is an indication that UC players CANNOT stay in front of their men. In the two losses against X and UD, both X and UD combined went 50-56 from the foul line (wow!!). UC went 18-32 for both games from the foul line. Players foul when they cannot adequately defend, especially off the dribble. I have a concept for Miller, your players need more ONE-ON-ONE DEFENSIVE DRILL PRACTICE.

Comment

Bandaogo and Fredrick are out tonight for injuries per Rothstein
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

agreed -- it gets worse for me. My wife still works part time as a psych in a mental ward. Well she brought us home the new strain of covid for Christmas. I have wanted her to quit for a couple of years, but she likes her job and the fellowship (with workers). I am afraid of not seeing the family for Christmas although they say we can be in public after 5 days. We just can't make Christmas goodies.
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-19-2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

well it is about time to monitor the Merrimack game.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X