Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rayvon Griffith redshirting

https://x.com/knickoson42/status/173...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

No suprise here. Hopefully Rayvon is good with this move and stays with the program. There should be a better opportunity for him next year. No sense throwing another guy into this endless unreliable rotation.

Comment

Miller deserves all kudos for his recruiting efforts. And as stated above I hope RG is on board with this, but at this point I'm not too happy with how Miller utilizes and rotates the players. I hoping his continual rotating of players is something that is being arbitrarily put on tape to throw off the conference foes, but past history says that's not the case.

Comment

I personally don't think he would be "redshirting" if Rayvon and his family were not on board -- not that Wes would be obligated to ever put him in the game, but I am sure this was something agreed upon (even if reluctantly).

Recent redshirts:
        - 2009-10: Sean Kilpatrick >>> consensus 2nd team All-American (2014), two-time 2nd team All-Big East (2012, 2013), first team all-AAC (2014)
        - 2015-16: Trevon Scott >>> first-team all-AAC / AAC Defensive Player of the Year, AAC Most Improved Player (2020)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          I personally don't think he would be "redshirting" if Rayvon and his family were not on board -- not that Wes would be obligated to ever put him in the game, but I am sure this was something agreed upon (even if reluctantly).

Recent redshirts:
          - 2009-10: Sean Kilpatrick >>> consensus 2nd team All-American (2014), two-time 2nd team All-Big East (2012, 2013), first team all-AAC (2014)
          - 2015-16: Trevon Scott >>> first-team all-AAC / AAC Defensive Player of the Year, AAC Most Improved Player (2020)
          GB31 - Thanks for this perspective and reminder. No matter how good a player may be pre-college, it’s a big step once you hit a college campus. 1st year redshirting was at one time a very tactical tool especially for football. Let them get acclimated to college life, what it takes to succeed in practice and the weight room, and see how to become a leader. If the staff can see the student is not yet capable of being productive - offensively and defensively - then have the conversation with the student and his family and point out how redshirting could be to his best benefit. I realize in this microwave society how fans want instant results.

As with anything good, building the foundation takes time. Let’s allow Wes and his staff to continue building the foundation. With the recent additions of Aziz and Jamille to the rotations, there is still a learning of who works together best in what situations. No player on this roster is a direct replacement for another. Simas is not JN3 and DSJr is neither. How many “offenses” do you design and how many play do you have to get open shots?

I don’t want to sound as though I am dissing the players. They are trying their best I believe. Unfortunately, there is no 4th year in the program guy who can be the leader this team needs.

I’ve been a Bearcat fan since the 71-72 season. Wes is the 10th coach in that time. I do believe he is the real deal and he knows what he is doing. Just as I thought Mick was the right guy at the time to rebuild the program, I believe Wes is also. I hope the faithful will give him the chance.

Comment

I think that it shows that Cincinnati is a high-major program. No matter how bally-hooed a young player is coming into the program, most of them are NOT good enough to break into the starting line-up. Some cannot break into the rotation. It has been like that at Cincinnati for a long time. Very few freshman come in and start. That is the way it should be. If freshman players are coming in and moving the veteran players out, then that is probably a very weak program. Once again, I think it shows the strength of UC's veterans that a HIGHLY RECRUITED freshman (Griffith) CANNOT come in and take somebody's position. Let the freshman earn it through tough practice, getting beat off the dribble over and over again by veteran players, and learning from their mistakes.
            Last edited by leeraymond; 12-23-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

https://x.com/meyerneil6/status/1738...kqg6ZDtZ7_6bMA
              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X