No announcement yet.

Evansville 12/29 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the kid (CJ) has just been snakebit - unfortunately, the hamstring will probably be an issue for the rest of the season.

Comment

Agree with GB31 and Leo. Oguama has seen his minutes diminish since JR became eligible. And Jamille is a much more physical presence with more offense to offer than he. And Aziz w/ Vik has been clumsy in the few times they both were in at the same time. And Leo is correct that CJ allows the offense to run a bit smoother even when his shot isn't falling. So If I had my rathers, I'd rather CJ be out there if healthy but if he can't because of his hamstring then SL along with Newman needs to take on the role of mentoring these young points guards.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Cronin stepped into the Big East and had problems. However, he still had Huggin's recruits. Be careful of apples and oranges.
        Actually, Cronin had to rebuild the program from scratch. Huggins had been prohibited from recruiting off-campus and then left under pressure. Andy Kennedy took over as interim HC for the 2005-6 season and was directed not to recruit. The only scholarship player left from the Huggins era when Mick took over was Cedric McGowan. He also had walk-ons Ron Allen and Connor Barwin. Mick quickly scoured the JUCO ranks and assembled a collection of bodies.

Even at that, people on social media trashed Cronin until the Cats became competitive in the Big East.

Comment

Vegas line posted: UC -17.5. I'm not sure if that takes injuries into account. They may not know of the possibility that UE's best player, Ben Humrichous, won't suit up. He was reportedly in a boot this week.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Actually, Cronin had to rebuild the program from scratch. Huggins had been prohibited from recruiting off-campus and then left under pressure. Andy Kennedy took over as interim HC for the 2005-6 season and was directed not to recruit. The only scholarship player left from the Huggins era when Mick took over was Cedric McGowan. He also had walk-ons Ron Allen and Connor Barwin. Mick quickly scoured the JUCO ranks and assembled a collection of bodies.

Even at that, people on social media trashed Cronin until the Cats became competitive in the Big East.
            I gave Mick a pass and enjoyed his first teams. I started to wonder when he recruited athletics and not BB players and early exits from the tourney. I really enjoyed his Clark/ Washington and Tre Scott teams alot. Would have liked to see them beat tOSU in the 2012 tourney though. They had Sean, Wright and Yancey I believe. Mick couldn't beat another in state rival.

Comment

I’m probably most excited about Reynolds development for the immediate term-he’s been super productive with his minutes so far.

Comment

Right, but even in the first years of the big East with no bball players, Cronin's athletes played defense. I don't know where or how Mick developed his defense but if you didn't play defense, just like Huggs you did not play. His defenses made us competitive and won us some games even though we couldn't score points traditionally. His defenses' gave us a semblance of hope even with all the early tourney exits.

Comment

You sure Ron Allen was a walk on? Wasn't he the guy that got left out in the cold by Xavier of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? I could have sworn he was on scholarship for at least one year he was in Cincy.

Speaking of which, he's doing quite a bit of coaching these days in the HS and AAU ranks out in California and seems to be doing well after an extended stint in the G-League and Foreign ball. You can even book him as a keynote speaker.

https://www.smelivenation.com/talent...ab-description
                  Last edited by Lobot; 12-29-2023, 05:00 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

You sure Ron Allen was a walk on? Wasn't he the guy that got left out in the cold by Xavier of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? I could have sworn he was on scholarship for at least one year he was in Cincy.

Speaking of which, he's doing quite a bit of coaching these days in the HS and AAU ranks out in California and seems to be doing well after an extended stint in the G-League and Foreign ball. You can even book him as a keynote speaker.

https://www.smelivenation.com/talent...ab-description
                    You are correct. Allen was on scholarship, starting in the 2005-06 season under Kennedy.

Comment

Evansville game thread …

Comment

Top two scorers for E are out. No excuses tonight.

Comment

ESPN predictor UC 93%

Line UC -19.5
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

CWM said CJ will be out for awhile. Aziz is starting to do some basketball things.

Comment

Jamille just gave me flashbacks of Danny Fortson.

Comment

espn just gave me flashbacks of the commercials

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X