• Time
  • Show
Clear All

utah beat byu
    asu beat Utah
    byu destroyed asu

im not writing this off

I optimistically expect we keep it close, but a good start is vital imo

I'll add I think most big 12 teams could lose by 20 to most other big 12 teams on the road on any given night, so wont be too discouraged if it goes south
    Last edited by Bearcat9796; 01-05-2024, 11:24 PM.

Comment

BYU 9.5 point favorites per ESPN

Comment

I suspect that we will miss a lot of the first half because of the previous game overrun. Where can we watch during this time?

Comment

I believe we have the talent to compete with this team. My concern is that under CWM the trend is that in big road games we fall apart early and never see what the team can do. I hope that trend changes this year with so many of these games on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
            I suspect that we will miss a lot of the first half because of the previous game overrun. Where can we watch during this time?
            go to espn.com and they usually have all games that they televise including the ones not shown because of over run

Comment

A lot of UC fans will be watching only their second game this season. Every game except for XU has been on ESPN+ to date.

Comment

In most cases, games on ESPN or ESPN2 that are temporarily preempted by an earlier game are moved to ESPN News until the other game finishes up. That's DirecTV channel 207. But the games on the cable/satellite channels are also always simulcast via ESPN+.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

In most cases, games on ESPN or ESPN2 that are temporarily preempted by an earlier game are moved to ESPN News until the other game finishes up. That's DirecTV channel 207. But the games on the cable/satellite channels are also always simulcast via ESPN+.
                  Are you sure about this? It’s not been my experience. I cancelled cable a while back (numerous reasons) but subscribed to ESPN+ purely to see UC games there. I tried to watch the recent college football semi final games on + but couldn’t. Every other ESPN outlet (ESPN/2/U/News/etc) was carrying something concerning the games, but nothing on +.

I hope you are correct. I’d like to see the game tonight, but I have my doubts.

Comment

Rothstein: CJ out indefinitely . Aziz a game time decision
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

Are you sure about this? It’s not been my experience. I cancelled cable a while back (numerous reasons) but subscribed to ESPN+ purely to see UC games there. I tried to watch the recent college football semi final games on + but couldn’t. Every other ESPN outlet (ESPN/2/U/News/etc) was carrying something concerning the games, but nothing on +.

I hope you are correct. I’d like to see the game tonight, but I have my doubts.
                      The ESPN+ schedule shows the game link for 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                        I believe we have the talent to compete with this team. My concern is that under CWM the trend is that in big road games we fall apart early and never see what the team can do. I hope that trend changes this year with so many of these games on the schedule.
                        I am with you on this one. If UC can play solid for the first 10 to 12 minutes of each half, that will give them a chance to play after the game stabilizes. If UC cannot keep BYU from going on scoring runs early in the game, they will probably be blown out. It is going to be interesting to see UC play a true national team in their place. Let's see if Miller is better this year than he was the first two.
                        Last edited by leeraymond; 01-06-2024, 06:09 PM.

Comment

My expectation is that this being Provo, we will not get a fair whistle tonight. Add that to it being a road game at altitude and we may see some crazy substiution patterns tonight.

I think we have the talent. I'm not sure we're mentally tough enough to overcome the extra stuff in this one. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to get a Big XII win tonight.

Speaking of altitude, shout out to Scott Springer for climbing the same mountain in the Wasatch range he climbed before the football game. This time he did it in the snow and cold temps. Salute.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1vOLk2vo8h/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Provo, altitude, homer refs, late start, newbies to the conference, past m.o., these all point to the first conference loss. I just hope we keep it respectable.

Comment

Sometimes the underdog can give the favorite TOO MUCH RESPECT. I think that Miller may be giving BYU too much respect. When one team gives another team too much respect, it comes across as FEAR. I remember the Huggins' UC teams of the 90s. Back in those days, sometimes MANY teams were beat before the balls were thrown out because they gave Cincinnati too much respect. That too much respect thing was fear. If Miller is going to win some games, he CANNOT show fear or too much respect. That fear can be transferred to the players. As a coach, you have to ALWAYS believe that you can WIN the game. That belief will transfer to the players and that is what it takes to win. I truly hope that the UC players believe that are just as good and that they can whip BYU's A#$%@. That is the kind of Cincinnati I want to see play tonight.

Comment

ESPN2 will likely delay start or announce channel change
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X