Baylor 1/13 8:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor 1/13 8:00 ESPN

Baylor has opened a new 7000 seat arena recently and I will warn you that the place is very steep on the sides and the camera angle is almost Temple terrible but at least it's at the halfcourt line.

Baylor comes in at 13-2 and ranked #14. We have one common opponent in BYU which Baylor defeated 81-72 on this past Tuesday in Waco. The guy to look out for is all- world freshman Ja-Kobe Walter who averages 15 and 4. He's a volume shooter and his backcourt mate RayJ Dennis is probably the more efficient scorer. You can't put Walter on the line where he shoots 85%. Da Bears have beaten Seton Hall, Florida and Auburn. They have losses to Duke at MSG and Michigan State on a "neutral" court in Detroit. The one true road game they played against OK St. was a win for Baylor in OT. Baylor is very athletic and everyone can shoot. They're more efficiant from the floor than UC but we should be able to out rebound the Bears despite C Yves Missi at 7'0..

This will be tough one. We're going to have to play solid defense on the road to have a shot.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/239
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-12-2024, 01:33 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Per Baylor ticketing, this is standing room only.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Baylor lost a kid to the transfer portal earlier this week - Dantwan Grimes, a teammate of Day Day Thomas' at Kilgore.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Baylor lost a kid to the transfer portal earlier this week - Dantwan Grimes, a teammate of Day Day Thomas' at Kilgore.
        Grimes probably wasn't getting enough playing time in his mind (8.3 min/g). He showed that he really can shoot (18/30 FG, 8/12 3pt, 12/15 FT).

Chad Brendel described Ja-Kobe Walter as a probable Top 5 NBA pick. He's a 6'5" SG. I assume that John Newman will try to chase Walter all over the floor.

The Bears have six players averaging in double figures, led by Walter. They are the #1 3-point shooting team in the country at 43.3%. Per barttorvik.com, BU are the #4 offensive efficiency team, but only #92 at the defensive end. They are an average tempo team. Kenpom.com ranks the Bears #4 in offensive efficiency and #69 defensive. Barttorvik.com ranks them #18 overall, while kenpom.com has them #14. The Cats currently are #44 and #32, respectively.

Comment

I'm wondering if since the B12 has a half dozen teams in the top 25 if it was intentional to have our Bearcats play them all early in the schedule so as to indoctrinate the 'cats properly.

Comment

The Cats will need to make their free throws and eliminate the unforced turnovers.

Comment

CJ Frederick's hamstring recovery is coming along at a "snail's pace" according to Wes last night on his radio show.

There's no timetable for a return yet although Wes does expect him back this season.

Comment

Cincinnati.com piece https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...r/72166634007/

Comment

ESPN Play-by-Play: Chuckie Kempf / Analyst: Chris Spatola

Comment

The game is on the 13th, not the 16th as I originally posted. I fixed the title. Thanks to everyone who flagged that for me.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

6.5 point underdogs

Comment

Folks I don't care if we are almost back to the glory days. Almost says losses. I want the Cats to win tonight.

Comment

I'm with Leo. I want to win now also, however the inevitable losses that will come coming into the best conference in college bball can be more tolerable if we continue to play like we did against Texas. I want us to be physical, to be "thugs" again, the opponent having to put their best effort against us to earn a win. I don't like us being inconsistent and easy marks. I intend to hold Miller to his word of getting better every day and we as fans should expect that. As long as we punch back when punched we will win some games. I'm hoping to see a close ball game.

Comment

I wanted to quote both Leo and Rufus, but having trouble with that. So, I will just say I agree with both. The thought I'm going into tonight with is also the beauty of playing in the Big XII conference: almost every game we have an opportunity to pick up a great win.

Here's hoping the boys can uncap enough of that Bearcat magic to pick up a big win tonight. GO CATS!!

Comment

I want to see a win too but at the end of the day, I'm realistic. It's an away game against a ranked team.
                              However, I really do think we finally have the talent to win this type of game this year. Hopefully the Gods will be with the Cats tonight and their passes are true, their shots are on the mark and they get the W.
                              Go Cats!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X