No announcement yet.

Texas Tech 2/3 6:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a good win. But I can’t believe it does anything more than canceling the loss to WVU on Wednesday. The tournament chances are the same as they were prior to losing to WVU. They still have work to make the tournament.

Comment

Very good win. UC played some really good defense on Texas Tech in the 2nd half. UC held TTU to 34% shooting in the 2nd half and 12.5% from the 3-point line (1 for 8). Also, and more importantly, UC did NOT do anything crazy late in the game to lose when the game was still on the line. This is what happens when a team plays smart-ball and not hero-ball. Houston is up next. They were beaten badly by Kansas on Saturday. Kansas showed yesterday that the way to beat Houston is to KEEP THE BALL MOVING ON OFFENSE by passing the ball. The UC guards like to dribble a lot. Hopefully, Miller will learn from Kelvin Sampson's loss. Great win over Texas Tech.

Comment

I will admit and impressed that the good guys played as a unit for much of the game and it's even more impressive that is was on the road in a hostile environment. A great win for the the program. However we have been at this point before and regressed. One step forward and two steps back which is their typical m.o this season. Enjoying the win now but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic as we go against Houston next.
        Last edited by Rufus; 02-04-2024, 06:53 AM.

Comment

UC 30 in both Ken Pom and NET

UC picked up a Q1 road win yesterday, of course. TCU dropped to 36 in the NET, so that home win slid to a Q2…

Also Dan Hoard radio call from the final few possessions https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoard/uc-...al-minute-2024
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-04-2024, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Great team win yesterday. Let's keep it up & hold serve against Houston on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by fmirzamd View Post
              Please post good highlights.
              Highlights https://x.com/gobearcatsmbb/status/1...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                Simas had been playing like he’d been hit by a truck. He looks healthy now. He’s improving offensively. I wish he’d help on the boards.
                I mean, he literally got hit by a car earlier in the season so....
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Thanks for posting.

Comment

The Field of 68 named UC its team of the night https://x.com/thefieldof68/status/17...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      Watching this highlight reminded me how close this game was to going to overtime. UC got the rebound and hit a wide-open Newman, who wisely dribbled time off the clock (the equivalent of a football player purposely going down at the one yard line when taking time off the clock is more important than scoring). When Tech players finally showed up in the TV frame he scored rather than letting them foul him, at 2.4 seconds. But Issacs got the ball and launched a shot that hit the front of the rim; if it goes in, OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Watching this highlight reminded me how close this game was to going to overtime. UC got the rebound and hit a wide-open Newman, who wisely dribbled time off the clock (the equivalent of a football player purposely going down at the one yard line when taking time off the clock is more important than scoring). When Tech players finally showed up in the TV frame he scored rather than letting them foul him, at 2.4 seconds. But Issacs got the ball and launched a shot that hit the front of the rim; if it goes in, OT.
                        10000% the coaches told him after the game that in the future you just have to dribble that out completely. He had space to do so.

When UC upset Syracuse in the 2012 Big East Tournament, Justin Jackson had a runaway dunk that similarly put UC up 3 and Syracuse had one last chance for a long heave (though Texas Tech had more time and a better look). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsBl9PbQQbk

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X