Houston 2/27 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston 2/27 7:00 ESPN2

After the streaming debacle for some of us with the TCU game, it's nice to be on the main ESPN channels for this one.

The Cougars are 24-3 have not lost a home game this season. They have beaten everyone at the Fertitta Center by double digits with the exception of Iowa St last week. One thing to note in that game is that Houston held on to the ball against the Cyclones and only committed nine turnovers. They are not going to hand us the ball tomorrow night.

On the flip side of that, we can't hand UH the ball because it's almost a guaranteed two points for them if you turn it over. This game will be won or lost in the first 8:00 or so, I would think. If we don't start fast it's going to be a very long night. We absolutely cannot get beat up on the boards at the beginning like the game at 5/3. The Bearcats are going to need good chemistry for this to work out and we're going to need good Dan and his scoring mentality sans the turnovers for this one.

ESPN predictor is giving us a less than 4% chance to win this game. I'm going to try reverse psychology and say that's pretty close to the mark for once.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/248
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Houston back-up guard Ramon Walker was recently ruled out for the season with a knee injury. The 6'4 junior was averaging 2 ppg and 3 rpg over 11 mpg.

The Cougars are down to 8 healthy rotation players.

Comment

Given the way the guys are currently playing a 4% chance to win sounds generous. Also while I'm happy for my friends on the forum that are having problems with ESPN+ that they get to watch on ESPN2 it's unfortunate that all of America will witness the disfunction first hand. Here's to hoping somehow the team snaps out of it.

Comment

Houston is #1 in the AP Top 25 https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-poll

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          would make for CWM's signature victory

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn't have any streaming issues with the TCU game. On to Houston. On the face of it, I'd say we cannot score and cannot stop them from scoring; however, this is the kind of overmatched game the Cats have fought hard and won a couple. I would not be surprised if the final score is 108-45 in favor of Houston or we squeak out a 67-66 victory. I'm tired of trying to predict how this team will accurately do in games.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Rece Davis and Chris Spatola on the ESPN2 broadcast -- Spatola did the Baylor game.

Comment

13.5 point dogs ... last year UC fell by just 6 at Houston.

Comment

13.5 point dogs ... last year UC fell by just 6 at Houston.
                  i don't think that i can make myself watch this tonight - too damn frustrating, to see all of the dumb plays, which = missed opportunities to stay in the game. so, that means that i'll probably miss the 'cats play their best game of the season.

Comment

This Houston game is a big game for Miller. Firstly, Miller has already played Kelvin Sampson seven times without really coming close (one possession) to a win. A loss tonight would be eight straight losses to one coach. Does anyone know what is the record for a UC coach losing consecutive games to another coach? Miller must be approaching some record here. Secondly, it creates bad morale for a program when all the players know that their coach cannot come up with a game plan and strategy that can beat another coach. Thirdly, UC was just blown out by TCU. Another blow-out loss (two consecutive) just does NOT look good for a coach. Another blow-out loss, along with two upset losses (one at home), and the dismal conference home record this season, will most definitely make the UC decision makers and boosters have doubtful feelings about the Miller hire at this point. Fourthly, this game is on NATIONAL TV for the whole country to see. UC has got to TAKE PRIDE IN PLAYING DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING. Miller and the players have got to take this game personally. This is a REVENGE GAME. UC CANNOT LET HOUSTON PUSH THEM AROUND TONIGHT. For God's sake, Miller should try something different. Come out in a zone. What about a switching-man-to-man? Anything different than what Houston has already seen might help.

Make no doubt about, Miller has got to have this team READY TO PLAY tonight. Another lopsided blow-out loss will not look good for Miller. One last thing. UC is a 13 point underdog. To me, that point spread is disrespectful. Hopefully, Miller and the players think so too. Eventually, no matter the domination of one team over another, the other team gets a win. Is tonight the night for a UC win? On the other hand, IS KELVIN SAMPSON THAT MUCH BETTER OF A COACH THAN WES MILLER?
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 02-27-2024, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                      One last thing. UC is a 13 point underdog. To me, that point spread is disrespectful. Hopefully, Miller and the players think so too. Eventually, no matter one the domination of one team over another, the other team gets a win. Is tonight the night for a UC win? On the other hand, IS KELVIN SAMPSON THAT MUCH BETTER OF A COACH THAN WES MILLER?
                      Beat WVU by 34, beat Texas Tech by 23, beat UCF by 15, beat Kansas State by 22, beat Oklahoma State by 16, beat Texas by 21, beat Iowa State by only 8 at home

Comment

Hoping this game can serve as a bit of a trap game for Houston after their overtime thriller against Baylor on Saturday. Roberts, Cryer, and Shead all played 40+ minutes in that game.

The turning point in the first game was a second half 21-5 Houston run where we only made one field goal over a 10+ minute span. A similar second half run was the nail in the coffin for the TCU game.

Let's hope we can keep our bearings and avoid being victim to such runs tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post
                          Hoping this game can serve as a bit of a trap game for Houston after their overtime thriller against Baylor on Saturday. Roberts, Cryer, and Shead all played 40+ minutes in that game.

The turning point in the first game was a second half 21-5 Houston run where we only made one field goal over a 10+ minute span. A similar second half run was the nail in the coffin for the TCU game.

Let's hope we can keep our bearings and avoid being victim to such runs tonight.
                          playing your best players more minutes than normal in a close game, to try ensure that you win? what a concept!

Comment

Beat WVU by 34, beat Texas Tech by 23, beat UCF by 15, beat Kansas State by 22, beat Oklahoma State by 16, beat Texas by 21, beat Iowa State by only 8 at home
                            What is your point here?

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

What is your point here?
                              You said the 13.5 point spread is disrespectful...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X