Oklahoma 3/5 8:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmoney70 View Post
    So the answer to missing the tournament again is to stop the Wes Miller experiment and start all over again? You guys do nothing but bash and nitpick every move the man makes. Maybe this team just isn't good enough yet. Especially in such a strong conference.
    ****, no. Have your best guys transfer out, lose your recruits, and start over. No way.

Comment

• And nobody mentions our 6 of 29 for 20% from 3 pointers?

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
        Who are you referring to other than Kelvin Sampson?

This reminds me of how people wanted Cronin fired when he lost to UConn in three straight conference tournaments. Fans latch onto some specific negative criteria and act like that's the minimum threshold we must clear. I (and I'm sure the administration) couldn't care less if we lose every game to some teams over a decade (other than Xavier) as long as we are consistently in the tournament. That's the goal. We're not there yet. This game will have very little impact. It will boost our tourney odds from like 1% to 2%.
        What about Memphis? Miller has never beaten Memphis. Also, Miller has lost to Xavier 3 straight years. By the way, Miller lost again tonight to Oklahoma for the 2nd straight time. So what that Cincy lost to UCONN in the conference tournament three straight years. It is demoralizing to lose over and over again to the same team in the conference regular season. Miller has a bad habit of doing that. Guess what, it is NOT going to stop in the BIG 12. There are certain teams that Miller will never beat in the BIG 12. Watch and see.

A win tonight may NOT have moved the needle that much, but it would have gotten UC back in the bubble talks. It does not matter now anyway because they lost the game. The NIT is now a distant hope. Three cheers for Miller.

Additionally, very seldom did Cronin lose over and over again to the same coaches in a season.
        Last edited by leeraymond; 03-05-2024, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          Can the Wes Miller experiment please be over?
          Wes Miller wasn't missing all those 3's

Comment

• This loss tells the story of the season as well as any game so far.

Incredibly frustrating to say the least.

Comment

• we find new ways to screw things up, but bottom line to me is we missed good looks late

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                And nobody mentions our 6 of 29 for 20% from 3 pointers?
                Newman 2-8
                Simas 2-8
                Day Day 0-3
                Skillings 0-6
                Jizzle 2-4
                Total 6-29 17%

Comment

Wes Miller wasn't missing all those 3's
                  Or fouling the 3 point shooters in rapid succession. I do think they should occasionally switch men on the screens.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Newman 2-8
                    Simas 2-8
                    Day Day 0-3
                    Skillings 0-6
                    Jizzle 2-4
                    Total 6-29 17%
                    It's actually 20.7%, but who's counting

Comment

It's actually 20.7%, but who's counting
                      I did 6/35 instead of 6/29. Either way it stinks.

Comment

• We had only 8 assists total in an OT game. We had more dropped passes than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

Or fouling the 3 point shooters in rapid succession. I do think they should occasionally switch men on the screens.
                          I agree with you. Going to a switching man-to-man against ball screens may prevent UC's players from having to deal with going around those screens. Miller's defense has had this problem for three years and he has NOT done anything to address the problem. Maybe he does not perceive it as a problem. However, this is NOT the first time under Miller that UC's inability to deal with screens has contributed to a loss.

Comment

• Let's face it. This team, players and coaches, do NOT have that KILLER INSTINCT to put teams away when they have them on the ropes. Tonight was a study in HOW TO LOSE A GAME BECAUSE OF NO KILLER INSTINCT. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Maybe Miller needs bashing. He thinks Lukosius is the greatest thing since sliced bread - he's not. 36% from 3. 39% from 2. Not what I would call exceptional. He encourages everybody to jack up 3s instead of working the paint. He pulls players when they are on "hot" streaks. Has Bandaego on the floor at the end of the game when he really needed Reynolds. And, obviously, hasn't stressed not fouling (or how not to foul) when guarding a 3 point shooter. Just a few observations.
                              Last edited by WestCoastAlum; 03-06-2024, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestCoastAlum View Post
                                Maybe Miller needs bashing. He thinks Lukosius is the greatest thing since sliced bread - he's not. 36% from 3. 39% from 2. Not what I would call exceptional. He encourages everybody to jack up 3s instead of working the paint. He pulls players when they are on "hot" streaks. Has Bandaego on the floor at the end of the game when he really needed Reynolds. And, obviously, hasn't stressed not fouling (or how not to foul) when guarding a 3 point shooter. Just a few observations.
                                We just don’t have the shooters. If I have a gripe with Wes it’s taking out hot shooters. A guy scores 8 straight, and ends up on the bench to cool off, comes back in and isn’t the same. I think sometimes Wes plays too many guys, and sometimes ends up with bad lineups on the floor.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X