Oklahoma 3/5 8:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
    We also lost to teams ranked #104 and #127 on Torvik. There are 6 teams in the AAC that are better than both of them. We're barely a top 50 team, so it's not like the AAC would be a cakewalk for us.
    I agree with you Sedz 100%. Has anyone seen South Florida, FAU, Memphis (of course), SMU, UAB, and to a lesser extent North Texas? All of the listed teams could beat UC. Also, given Miller's track record, these teams could probably beat UC twice in the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I agree with you Sedz 100%. Has anyone seen South Florida, FAU, Memphis (of course), SMU, UAB, and to a lesser extent North Texas? All of the listed teams could beat UC. Also, given Miller's track record, these teams could probably beat UC twice in the regular season.
      The good thing about being in the Big12 is when we have a great game, we record wins against BYU, Texas Tech, and TCU instead of USF, Memphis, and SMU. And sometimes when we have a really bad game, we lose to TCU by 20 instead of a close loss to someone like Tulane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Leo makes a good point that you are missing or dismissing - THIS team wouldn't exist in the AAC because a good number of players we have now wouldn't have come to UC to play in the AAC.

What good does it do to say THIS team would be good in the AAC?
        Well that's what longtimefan said, not me. You and Leo are missing or dismissing that. You're getting mad at me for commenting on someone else's hypothetical.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I do not believe that Lakhin was/is overwhelmed by the big men of the BIG 12. For some reason, the UC coaching staff stopped looking at him as a primary scorer and relied on the guards to do most of the scoring. Look at how that has worked out.
          He seemed to like taking his time backing guys down in the post and then using a little turn-around push shot. But TOP 25 teams have big men that can muscle you back and guards that don't let you operate in the paint that way. So taking away his money move made him frustrated. You could see it on his face. I think that is why Wes hasn't been playing him. And you're right in that Wes obviously wants an up tempo guards do your thing offense. James has so much potential (assuming NIL money doesn't motivate him to leave) he will no doubt get better. But he and Thomas looked like boys playing against men when we against Texas, Baylor and Houston in terms of physicality.

And I'm not sure I can say how the season worked out because I don't think Cincinnati had the talent or experienced squad to contend in a league with six or seven top 30 schools. Seems like we are not that far from what expectations should have been.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X