Offseason Discussion and Predictions '24-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Discussion and Predictions '24-25

Let's put everything regarding next year's preparations and improvements here. Feel free to throw out some predictionsout there if you care to.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I know that this is not the correct forum, but what the heck. What does UC basketball need to work on to prepare for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
      I know that this is not the correct forum, but what the heck. What does UC basketball need to work on to prepare for next season?
      you know what I am going to say. Ball control/handling, court awareness, team work on offense, perimeter defense and playing under pressure. I also would speak on better prep for rebounding and the boxing out that assures the rb. Many will say three-point shooting, I will go with that but they must work on improving the shot selection. Regardless, I am as always, excited to see the Cats play and looking forward to a great season. Go Cats

Comment

FREE. THROW. SHOOTING, AND FREE. THROW. SHOOTING, AND....... do I need to keep repeating it?

Comment

And of course working on the alley opp pass to Aziz.

Comment

There's probably a better place for this part of the discussion. I'll make a thread for it later and move this stuff.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
              FREE. THROW. SHOOTING, AND FREE. THROW. SHOOTING, AND....... do I need to keep repeating it?
              One more time for the people in the back...

Comment

Originally posted by you see View Post

One more time for the people in the back...

Comment

The squad posted a cumulative 3.072 GPA this spring, with 7 honor roll students (3.0+ GPA) and 5 on the dean's list (3.4+)
                  https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...91349816545629

Comment

Can anyone share insight on when the freshman recruits and the transfer portal recruits arrive on campus?
                    Is there a summer league the players will participate in?

Comment

Originally posted by condo52 View Post
                      Can anyone share insight on when the freshman recruits and the transfer portal recruits arrive on campus?
                      There's no hard date as far as I know. I would expect most of them will be participating in the Smith League so they'd be around by mid June. The League runs all summer but NCAA D1 athletes are only able to play June 22 to August 18.

The Smith League is open to the public but you need to arrive early as there's a capacity limit in the gym and it's general admission.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

@Knickoson42

Wes Miller says the players they needed to retain were upfront and honest that they wanted to be at Cincinnati.

Wes Miller says, "unless they give us more scholarships," the roster is set.

Wes Miller says CJ Fredrick is fully cleared and ready to go for this coming Monday's practice. Adds he was in Charlotte for Day Day Thomas's last doctor's appointment. Thomas is on pace with his recovery and should be cleared by mid-June, according to Miller. "Day Day probably feels he's 100% and cleared, but it's important to go through the process."

Wes Miller says the amount of pressure he and the program feels hasn't changed. Mentions there's still a conscious amount of pressure to live up to the standard they set each day. "I'm going to say it so many times. We knew how important it was to put together a roster we feel good about."

Comment

Originally posted by condo52 View Post
                          With summer workouts starting Monday, if any players haven't arrived yet, they will over the weekend.

Comment

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of our new assistant "shot doctor" coach and hope that his forte is not only limited to perfecting shot form. Hopefully he brings with him medicines to aid in the areas mentioned above that need attention. I love the roster as it stands now and hope everyone makes it to the seasons start all healthy and ready to go. I expect to be at least in the upper quarter of the conference standings when tourney time arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of our new assistant "shot doctor" coach and hope that his forte is not only limited to perfecting shot form. Hopefully he brings with him medicines to aid in the areas mentioned above that need attention. I love the roster as it stands now and hope everyone makes it to the seasons start all healthy and ready to go. I expect to be at least in the upper quarter of the conference standings when tourney time arrives.
                              Multiple reporters have said Tim Buckley to UC is a done deal, including Keegan Knickoson of bearcatjournal.com.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X