10/18 exhibition game (home) vs OSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    OSU's Head Coach Jake Diebler did a press conference today about the game. I'll try and find a link to it but it's not in the usual places.
    Here's today's joint presser involving Wes Miller & Jake Diebler. I went to gobearcats.com and found that there are tons of tickets left for Friday night. It's nowhere close to a sellout. Unfortunately, I can't go. I mentioned it to my wife, who shot it down. It's our 44th anniversary & she hates sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3edoAylEPE

Comment

I think part of the reason there are tickets left is that it's Homecoming and a lot of alumni groups have gatherings and reunions going on that night. I've seen at least 3 groups I'm a part of hosting events that evening. Can't be in two places at once. Also apparently some things scheduled have had to cancel due to a lack of parking because of this game and the other events going on at the same time.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I didn't get to listen this but was following a bit on socila media. Looked like total domination on the Bearcats part. 80-62 final and it really didn't get that close. OSU's starting center didn't play, but for a top 35 caliber team, they got blown out.

Hopefully someone will unleash the unofiicial stat sheet on us.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broad...93&vislive=osu
          CJ played only 4 minutes, Josh Reed 9, all the other scholarship players at least 10.
          Last edited by longtimefan; 10-18-2024, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Many thanks to 247's OSU writer and his entire screen full of tabs and apps. Lol.

Stats.jpg

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nice to see Betsy, Page, and Griffith all getting points. Means they're ready to produce. Seems Mitchell is a good pick up for us and hope it continues. Glad to see this win over a quality opponent even if OSU were a man short. Can't wait to see how well they do in B12 conf.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broad...93&vislive=osu
                CJ played only 4 minutes, Josh Reed 9, all the other scholarship players at least 10.
                In his postgame comments with Hoard & Nelson, CWM said he pulled Fredrick aside at half, let him know that he already knows his capabilities & wanted to get the newbies more floor time.

Comment

Mitchell block and alley oop dunk on other end https://x.com/tvaustint/status/18474...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

I will give some benefit of the doubt with this being the first exhibition and the experimental lineups, but 21 tos is a glaring stat. The top two pgs had 7 between them. My hope is the old PG Wes Miller will fix that. Regardless, a win over an in state rival is groovy regardless of its status.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 10-19-2024, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

In his postgame comments with Hoard & Nelson, CWM said he pulled Fredrick aside at half, let him know that he already knows his capabilities & wanted to get the newbies more floor time.
                      Yeah. Too much should NOT be made from this game in terms of the stats. However, UC held OSU to 35.8% shooting and outrebounded them 38 to 21. Also, UC shot 54.2% for the game,100% from the free-throw line, and 38.5% from the three-point line. Cincinnati basketball appears to have some sense-of-chemistry, and that is a good thing. Nevertheless, we will see the REAL Cincinnati basketball team for the 24-25 season in a couple of weeks.

I goofed. This posting was meant to be in response to the posting by longtimefan and the statistical link that he provided. Oh well, life goes on.
                      Last edited by leeraymond; 10-20-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X