X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc Brock View Post
    No, it gets even better. They blatantly leave out Louisville in that statement. Seriously?! Louisville could not have been more obvious about trying to bail for the Big 12. Well... except for UCONN and the ACC. In any case, I hope WVU loses this lawsuit and gets slapped with some major fines. It may turn out that sitting back and watching schools panic is strong move by UC officials. With all the money that could potentially come back to the conference (TCU - $5mill, WVU - $5mill + ?), there may be a nice little payday for the remaining schools.
    The lawsuit says: "Upon information and belief, representatives of Louisville, Rutgers, and Cincinnati have been engaged in discussions with [...] the ACC, the Big XII, the SEC, and the Big 10..."

Oddly no UCONN though its mentioned elsewhere their president's statements.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Brock
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    So, we're to believe that all those other schools (UC included) worked behind the scenes to get the heck out of the BE, while good ol' WVU, in good faith, sat idly, hoping against hope that the conference would stick together. Yes, folks, the Mountaineers ... and only the Mountaineers ... are the stalwarts that the rest of the BE needed. They were the only ones with clean hands. Wonderful, pious WVU!

(Yes, this is dripping with sarcasm! Nay, flowing.)
    No, it gets even better. They blatantly leave out Louisville in that statement. Seriously?! Louisville could not have been more obvious about trying to bail for the Big 12. Well... except for UCONN and the ACC. In any case, I hope WVU loses this lawsuit and gets slapped with some major fines. It may turn out that sitting back and watching schools panic is strong move by UC officials. With all the money that could potentially come back to the conference (TCU - $5mill, WVU - $5mill + ?), there may be a nice little payday for the remaining schools.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    So, we're to believe that all those other schools (UC included) worked behind the scenes to get the heck out of the BE, while good ol' WVU, in good faith, sat idly, hoping against hope that the conference would stick together. Yes, folks, the Mountaineers ... and only the Mountaineers ... are the stalwarts that the rest of the BE needed. They were the only ones with clean hands. Wonderful, pious WVU!

(Yes, this is dripping with sarcasm! Nay, flowing.)

Leave a comment:

• DimitriusChristedes
    replied
    "the lawsuit alleges Cincinnati, Rutgers and UConn engaged in discussions with the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Big Ten"

Bad, bad form for WVU to air that in public. I want to see UC beat them down that much harder Nov 12.

Couple "what?" conferences in that list though. ACC, yeah, Rutgers and UConn want in there badly. Big12, yeah, I'm sure every BE school spoke with them. But Big10? Doesn't make much sense for Rutgers or UConn, which leaves UC, and there is no way in he11 that O$U would let that happen.
    And SEC? I don't see how that's a good fit for any of these three schools.

Have to say, at this point I'd be very surprised if the BE were somewhat salvaged by Boise, Houston, Air Force, or any other quality football program. How could you put any faith in the BE's leadership if you were those schools?

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X