CBS McMurphy talking BIG12 again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS McMurphy talking BIG12 again

McMurphy tweeted today the big 12 is having discussions about going back to twelve members. General opinion is that Louisville a gimme at #11 but #12 is more likely to be BYU than UC. So here we go again.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Here's another source that quotes a B12 deputy commish who confirms talks about the future of that conference. And, yes, UofL is mentioned, but not UC, although only the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram blogger addresses this, not the deputy.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...l-on-hold.html

Comment

I've lost interest I this mess. Just keeping beating these so-called, soon to be to ACC & Big 12 teams.

Comment

McMurphy had another article today on the topic. He says that UL is the unanimous choice for #11. And then he says:

"If Louisville is No. 11, what school would be No. 12? BYU continually gets mentioned as a Big 12 target, but everything I hear -- and I mean everything -- from sources is "look east, not west" for the Big 12's 12th school.

If that's the case, Cincinnati would appear the most likely candidate as the 12th team, but the league hasn't seriously discussed a 12th member and the Bearcats have nowhere near the support of Louisville, making the move to 12 even more tricky. "

He does not mention any other candidates for #12.
        UC MBA '08
        Purdue '15

Comment

We have several things going for us regarding the B12....

1. Whit. He's a great AD and has B12 connections. from the sound of it I think he is well respected. Although the way Missouri left may change things, but who knows.

2. We make logical sense to go in with UL and WVU. We have good existing rivalries with both. We are geographically fit with them and make a travel partner

If we are going to move I still think the ACC is our best fit. Matches our football profile best and has great basketball. I don't foresee that happening (unless the B12 poaches FSU or Clemson which had some rumors behind it a couple days ago), but its the most ideal IMO.

After what B12 did and the spot they put us in I almost don't want to go there out of spite, but its a home that would bring UC more money.

All I ask is that it stops soon. This summer the tectonic plates will shift again

Comment

Originally posted by GoUC11 View Post
            We have several things going for us regarding the B12....

1. Whit. He's a great AD and has B12 connections. from the sound of it I think he is well respected. Although the way Missouri left may change things, but who knows.

2. We make logical sense to go in with UL and WVU. We have good existing rivalries with both. We are geographically fit with them and make a travel partner

If we are going to move I still think the ACC is our best fit. Matches our football profile best and has great basketball. I don't foresee that happening (unless the B12 poaches FSU or Clemson which had some rumors behind it a couple days ago), but its the most ideal IMO.

After what B12 did and the spot they put us in I almost don't want to go there out of spite, but its a home that would bring UC more money.

All I ask is that it stops soon. This summer the tectonic plates will shift again
            Don't you mean the SEC? I've heard all kinds of those rumors.

I agree with you on the ACC, but B12 invite would mean more money.
            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Very true, RedRocker. It's a trade off. ACC means we are more competitive in football right away, where as the B12 we would be relegated to a Texas Tech type role until we got caught up. But the Big 12 has much more money and attractive programs that people watch nationwide

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X