FSU interested in Big12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU interested in Big12

FSU BOT stated they were interested in moving to the BIG12 after the TV deal the ACC negotiated didn't meet their standards.

A move in this direction would absolutely screw over Louisville who had one foot out the door and on the porch of the BIG12. IMHO
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Yeah but then UofL gets invited to the ACC & we are back to losing another good program out of the BEAST.
    It just never stops!
    JDBearcat
    RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

If you aren't following Greg Swaim on this then I highly suggest you do. Love him or hate him he has been pretty accurate from jump street regarding conference expansion.

As for Louisville...yes they very may well get an invite to the ACC. But what is likely to happen is that much of the current Big East football schools will merge with remainder of the ACC while Va Tech, NC State, FSU, and Clemson bolt for the SEC or B12.

When that happens like I said in the Boise thread, this will open up a spot and we will wind up in a conference much more suited for us.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUC11 View Post
        If you aren't following Greg Swaim on this then I highly suggest you do. Love him or hate him he has been pretty accurate from jump street regarding conference expansion.

As for Louisville...yes they very may well get an invite to the ACC. But what is likely to happen is that much of the current Big East football schools will merge with remainder of the ACC while Va Tech, NC State, FSU, and Clemson bolt for the SEC or B12.

When that happens like I said in the Boise thread, this will open up a spot and we will wind up in a conference much more suited for us.
        For edification purposes, I assume by "[I]current Big East"[I] you are talking about the schools from last year (minus the 3 leaving) rather then the league as structured with the newbies who are supposed to be on board?

Comment

Yes. Apologies for the confusion. Current Big East mostly means us, Louisville, UConn, Rutgers, and possibly USF.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUC11 View Post

Swaim has the reputation with other writers of being off base and not fact checking anything. I wouldn't call WVU to the SEC as being mostly on point, just first. I followed him during the first round of conference realignment and he was trying to make a name for himself by breaking news with no credibility behind it. IMO
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X