Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise St. has not left the MWC yet.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyCBS

Boise State still considering staying in MWC sources tell @CBSSports http://cbsprt.co/O6hIyJ
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

so what happens if they dont come to the big east now? will the conference be on life support?

Comment

I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't join. They probably have a better chance at being a top 4 team in the mountain west, and depending on how they split the tournament revenue they may only be slightly increasing their football revenue by joining the big east.

If Boise St. bails I would expect San Diego St. to follow their lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruckle St. View Post
        I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't join. They probably have a better chance at being a top 4 team in the mountain west, and depending on how they split the tournament revenue they may only be slightly increasing their football revenue by joining the big east.

If Boise St. bails I would expect San Diego St. to follow their lead.
        The key is the TV contract. If these folks think it is worth alot more $ to stay in the Big East, they will stay. Also, if the TV contract is good enough, I think BYU will be football team #14.

Comment

I'm sick of all this
          Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

Can't blame them for not coming at this point.

Only reason to come to the Big East was the AQ, and that will go away soon.

We left Conf USA some time ago, and it has found us again.

Comment

Boise will make a lot more money in Big East. TV will dwarf MTW. They are coming. This is just trying to put pressure on NBC/ESPN to get a deal done sooner.

Comment

The Tv contract doesn't open to outside agencies until November. ESPN has from September until November to negotiate exclusively.

I think Boise is trying to pressure the BIG EAST into an all sports invite. In today's day an age of the dollar controlling everything Boise admin would be fools not to jump into the BIG EAST.

Comment

You sure Boise would want all its sports in the Big East? That would be a huge jump in their overall travel expenses which would really eat up all that extra money they would be getting. I know this affects the other schools too, but that is a fraction of what it would cost Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                    The Tv contract doesn't open to outside agencies until November. ESPN has from September until November to negotiate exclusively.

I think Boise is trying to pressure the BIG EAST into an all sports invite. In today's day an age of the dollar controlling everything Boise admin would be fools not to jump into the BIG EAST.
                    This idea has crossed my mind as well. Boise desperately needs to upgrade its athletic profile in other sports. Their other sports are laughably bad.

For that to work a few things would need to happen.

1. Notre Dame would have to leave
                    2. BYU and another would have to join
                    3. Current Football only members would need to also join in all sports.
                    4. DePaul and someone else would have to get booted.

With this you have a 20 team basketball conference with 4 different pods. This was discussed awhile back when the B12 almost collapsed.

#4 would never happen. Especially seeing that Providence or Seton Hall would have to get kicked out-which will happen in the Big East on the 7th of never.

Really, we need BYU to stay viable. It'd make Boise much more comfortable and would give us a huge image boost.

Comment

Latest on Boise St

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...s-on-bsus.html

Comment

Two days until their decision...
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

No announcement just yet out of Boise, but they have to decide today in order to avoid higher penalties.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...-boise-st.html

Comment

Tick Tick Tick Tick. running out of time Boise. We're even giving you BE money to land your Olympic sports in the Big West. Make a damn decision.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X