X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitino's Idea for New BE Commish

I actually like this idea:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...M&sct=hp_t2_a7

Jay Bilas for BE commish, smart guy with a lot of knowledge, especially with connections in ESPN
    Last edited by 98bearcat; 07-21-2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/07/21/r...-commissioner/

“Interesting idea and really flattering. I’m not sure the Big East Presidents are ready for a little Jeezy bumping in the Big East hallways. It would be nice to earn almost as much as the NCAA President, though.” - Bilas

Comment

Would be a gift - Pitino is no fool

Comment

If the presidents have one brain cell devoted to sustaining (or growing, whatever the case may be) their school's relevancy on the national stage, rather than having Big East member schools' reputations shrink away to irrelevancy, they would take a chance on an unconventional hire for commissioner. I'm not saying that Jay Bilas is the right guy, but someone like him would be the type of person who could think about the angles that a traditional commissioner wouldn't when it comes to moving the Big East forward...

Comment

Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
          If the presidents have one brain cell devoted to sustaining (or growing, whatever the case may be) their school's relevancy on the national stage, rather than having Big East member schools' reputations shrink away to irrelevancy, they would take a chance on an unconventional hire for commissioner. I'm not saying that Jay Bilas is the right guy, but someone like him would be the type of person who could think about the angles that a traditional commissioner wouldn't when it comes to moving the Big East forward...
          Couldn't agree with you more. I heard Bilas today on espn radio talking about the mess at Pedaphile State and the guy is just superb. One thing is for sure, when Bilas walks into a room, you know eveyone is going to listen to what he has to say and take him seriously. He was hammering the NCAA today for not only stepping outside their "purview", but also because NCAA Pres Mark Emmert refused to give the names of the guilty parties at PSU (i.e. Graham Spanier, Tim Curely, Gary Shultz, JoePa, etc).

Comment

Bilas is an intelligent and credible person who would probably make an excellent BE Commissioner. My only concern is his ability to foster and promote the football schools to keep BE football nationally relevant given his background in basketball. Personally, I would love to see him in the position and if it were up to me I would take a chance on him, if he is willing.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
              Bilas is an intelligent and credible person who would probably make an excellent BE Commissioner. My only concern is his ability to foster and promote the football schools to keep BE football nationally relevant given his background in basketball. Personally, I would love to see him in the position and if it were up to me I would take a chance on him, if he is willing.
              He is unfortunately flattered but not willing.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X