• Show
Clear All

• Big East Divisions TBA this week

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...tm_source=t.co
    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
    CoB '90 MBA '04

Here's their suggested alignment:
    Personally, I prefer to be in the division with Louisville, e.g. put Memphis in the east. The down side to that is the East games would be easier for travel.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
      Here's their suggested alignment:

Personally, I prefer to be in the division with Louisville, e.g. put Memphis in the east. The down side to that is the East games would be easier for travel.
      Personally I'd rather they put C. Fla in the west and keep both UC and UofL in the east.

Comment

Any which way we will play Louisville every year as a crossover game. I'd rather be in the east for travel purposes.

Red Rocker
        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
          Any which way we will play Louisville every year as a crossover game. I'd rather be in the east for travel purposes.
          Plus we're to the East of Louisville so it only makes sense to put us in the East. The SOS of playing in the West might be worthwhile though.
          Walter Merritt

"If you're the fan of a team then you should support that program no matter how you feel about who is coaching them. Because if I'm not doing my job I will be gone but the program will still be there." - Mick Cronin

Comment

Whichever division we end up in for the next year or two will change (either for us or for L'ville in the next few years when we add teams.

Big East will either add a team in the east (which would then put UC/L'ville in West) or add a team in west (which would put UC/L'ville" in the East).

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat25 View Post
              Whichever division we end up in for the next year or two will change (either for us or for L'ville in the next few years when we add teams.

Big East will either add a team in the east (which would then put UC/L'ville in West) or add a team in west (which would put UC/L'ville" in the East).
              Navy will definitely be in the east. The only way we'll be together with UL is if another east team is added or the BE swells to 16 by adding AFA, BYU and UNLV. Then there is a true west division with:
              Air Force
              Boise State
              BYU
              Houston
              Memphis
              San Diego State
              SMU
              UNLV

East
              Cincinnati
              Louisville
              Navy
              Rutgers
              Temple
              UConn
              UCF
              USF

Although, I don't know how big you want to go if only one at-large bid is open in the football championship. There would likely be 9 league games in a 16 team league with 7 intra-division and 2 inter-division games.

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Navy is on record saying they would play in a western division. They have a rivalry trophy with SMU, and a huge naval base in San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                  Navy is on record saying they would play in a western division. They have a rivalry trophy with SMU, and a huge naval base in San Diego.
                  OMG this makes sense. Except I think you meant SDSU not SMU. SMU is a landlocked private school with the GWB library going up on its' grounds in Dallas.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

No I mean what I says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gansz_Trophy

Comment

Big East to approve two-division format

Per ESPN 11.13.2012:
                      Sources told ESPN that for the purpose of football, the conference will be divided into a western division of
                      Boise State
                      Houston
                      Memphis
                      San Diego State
                      SMU
                      Temple

and an eastern division of
                      Central Florida
                      Cincinnati
                      UConn
                      Louisville
                      Rutgers
                      South Florida

These divisions could change drastically when the Big East grows to 14 teams in 2015 when the league adds Navy and another school yet to be determined.
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...ivision-format

Comment

It's official

COMMISSIONER ARESCO ANNOUNCES FOOTBALL DIVISIONS, CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, STARTING IN 2013
                        The BIG EAST Football Championship Game will be played between the East and West champions at the home field of one of the participating teams, not at a neutral site, promising an exciting fan experience.

##### East Division
                        UCF
                        Cincinnati
                        Connecticut
                        Louisville
                        Rutgers
                        USF

##### West Division
                        Boise State
                        Houston
                        Memphis
                        San Diego State
                        SMU
                        Temple

Aresco noted that this alignment will likely be revisited after the 2014 season, when the U.S. Naval Academy and possibly other schools begin play in the BIG EAST.

In this new structure, each team will play eight Conference games per season, of which five will be against divisional rivals.
                        http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/43...-IN-2013-.aspx

Comment

Wow, poor Temple. Gonna be racking up the frequent flyer miles.

Comment

Originally posted by applegbt View Post
                            Wow, poor Temple. Gonna be racking up the frequent flyer miles.
                            No kidding. I wonder if they even have the budget for that amount of travel. I'm thinking they get kicked back to the East when Navy comes on board.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Championship game weather conditions could be interesting. Cold & blustery in most places; nice and comfortable in San Diego, Houston or Tampa Bay; and irrelevant in Memphis.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X