Comment

I am shocked!!!!
      RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
      CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

How the Rutgers-Big 10 deal went down

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/db_/conte...l=true#display
        Last edited by RedRocker; 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM.
        RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

This sounds like crazy talk, but if UL and UConn leave, the MAC would probably be our best option. The MAC was great for Temple. The WAC was great for Boise. Maybe the MAC could be great for UC? A pretty easy conference schedule would mean an easy route to a BCS game.

The downside is that casual fans will completely disappear. But that would happen in a watered-down BE anyways. Maybe join with Memphis and Temple to improve the basketball?
          UC MBA '08
          Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post
            This sounds like crazy talk, but if UL and UConn leave, the MAC would probably be our best option. The MAC was great for Temple. The WAC was great for Boise. Maybe the MAC could be great for UC? A pretty easy conference schedule would mean an easy route to a BCS game.

The downside is that casual fans will completely disappear. But that would happen in a watered-down BE anyways. Maybe join with Memphis and Temple to improve the basketball?
            Based on money, the existing contract with The Garden, and overall perception.... THIS IS CRAZY TALK.
            Please, please, please stop it. The MAC is not where we are heading. REALLY?! It just isn't, not with the investments we have and are planning on making in sports, and on campus. CINCINNATI is a National brand, it is not Toledo (no matter what happened on the field on one Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post

Casual fans will disappear? All fans will disappear. Who is going down to watch UC versus Central Michigan on a tuesday night? Big game televised on local 64. Maybe then we could keep more local kids then probably get ones from Amelia, Lebanon, maybe even the occasional 3rd string St. X player. In hoops we would be in a worse conference than X. The MAC would be a disaster for UC, you might as well shut down the sports programs.

Comment

I find it really difficult to believe that we are at the point where some feel like the MAC is our best option. I really hope that this is a joke.

Comment

Louisville blog says UC to announce move to ACC at 3:00 pm today. I'll believe when I see it.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=17&F=2759&T=10730471&P=1

Comment

Originally posted by 'nati streets View Post
                    Based on money, the existing contract with The Garden, and overall perception.... THIS IS CRAZY TALK.
                    Please, please, please stop it. The MAC is not where we are heading. REALLY?! It just isn't, not with the investments we have and are planning on making in sports, and on campus. CINCINNATI is a National brand, it is not Toledo (no matter what happened on the field on one Saturday).

Playing SMU, SDSU and Memphis ain't that much better than playing Kent State, Toledo, and Ohio University.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      Louisville blog says UC to announce move to ACC at 3:00 pm today. I'll believe when I see it.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=17&F=2759&T=10730471&P=1
                      UC SID has already said the rumor is BS.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by #41 View Post
                        UC SID has already said the rumor is BS.
                        Just saw that. As I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by #41 View Post
                          Playing SMU, SDSU and Memphis ain't that much better than playing Kent State, Toledo, and Ohio University.
                          Agreed. Plus, a move to the MAC frees up an OOC game while allowing us to continue to play Miami.

It would be difficult to justify playing Miami if UL and UConn both leave and we stick in the BE. If our conference is UCF, USF, Houston, SMU, Navy, Memphis, Temple, and some current C-USA teams, we'll have to have a brutal OOC schedule to stay nationally relevant at all. That's hard to do if one of our four OOC games is home-and-home vs Miami every year.

Miami isn't a be-all-end-all, but it would be a shame for us to lose a 122 year-old rivalry.
                          Last edited by CaptainProbasco; 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM.
                          UC MBA '08
                          Purdue '15

Comment

The next time I hear someone say we should move to the MAC I am questioning your Fanhood. Seriously. If you want to support a MAC level school and having MAC level players then I would suggest Ohio or support an A-10 school in Xavier. Yes I'm serious. I can't stand to continue having to hear this suggestion.
                            Walter Merritt

"If you're the fan of a team then you should support that program no matter how you feel about who is coaching them. Because if I'm not doing my job I will be gone but the program will still be there." - Mick Cronin

Comment

Originally posted by OCASCM07 View Post
                              The next time I hear someone say we should move to the MAC I am questioning your Fanhood. Seriously. If you want to support a MAC level school and having MAC level players then I would suggest Ohio or support an A-10 school in Xavier. Yes I'm serious. I can't stand to continue having to hear this suggestion.

I agree that it flat-out stinks, but we might not have a choice here.

If UL leaves for the ACC, Boise and SDSU will probably back out. Also, the Catholic schools may leave the BE to form their own conference. Even if it's UConn to the ACC, UL might go to the Big 12 with BYU. In that case the Catholic schools will definitely break away.

We would be forced to choose between the MAC and a conference with only UCF, UConn, USF, Navy, SMU, Memphis, Houston, and Temple. Who would we add to bolster that BE lineup? ECU? Marshall? Tulsa? There are no good options, and we'd need 4 of them just to get to 12 and have a viable conference for smaller sports. The MAC would arguably be a better lineup of schools, and Temple and UConn would probably join too.

Rather than join the MAC for all sports, a better option might be to join the MAC for fb-only. Then we could join an all-sports league with the Catholic BE leftovers, Xavier, Dayton, VCU, Butler, Temple, and UConn. That would be a solid basketball conference, even if UConn isn't in it.

It would be a tough pill to swallow to be in the same conference as Xavier, but if UL leaves then we're running out of options.
                              UC MBA '08
                              Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by OCASCM07 View Post
                                I second this, the MAC is not going to happen. Anyone who is a fan of this school and thinks we should go to the MAC needs to shut the he@# up!
                                Victim of the Lance Stephenson Effect

Mardy Gilyard for Mayor!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X