• Show
Clear All

• Maryland Board of Regents Vote Yes

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...e-big-ten-move

And off we go again.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ove-to-big-ten

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
      Seriously... this is getting to the point where college football is just not as much fun for me. Half of the games are spent wondering whether the two teams (in a conference game) will be opponents next year. It feels like a merry-go-round that can't keep a consistent speed, making you feel dizzy and sick; every time it starts to slow down to where you think you may be able to get off and recover, it speeds back up.

Comment

I'm totally depressed!
        I despise greed & this is exactly what these schools are doing. This isn't about getting
        kids a college education, it's about mega bucks going to schools coffers. They could care
        less about the kids.
        Very sad!
        JDBearcat
        RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

It is pretty sickening.

I'm just hoping that against the extreme odds that something good happens for UC. Sticking around in the Big East is not an option. Waiting it out and ending up in the CUSA or MAC is even worse.

With Geography out the window...why doesn't the Pac-12 come calling for an Eastern time zone memeber.

Really hoping that by some weird chance Big 12 or ACC take a chance on Cincy. The Big East did and it has worked out well. Hopefully we can ride the financial coattails of Louisville to a better place.

Comment

President Ono about to really be thrown into the fire now.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

UC needs the BIG to go to 16 schools. They're the only conference that can ADD revenue by expanding (thanks to the BTN) -- every other conference would have to slice their TV revenue pie smaller.

If the B10 adds 4 schools (3 non BE, 1 BE) that creates 3 openings in other conferences. I have a tough time thinking UC isn't a top-3 candidate for inclusion in any of these scenarios.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

B12 needs to give us and the Ville a call!

Comment

ACC in conference realignment

A lot of this article is speculation. Here it is if you're interested.

St. John's, Georgetown possibly leaving Big East for ACC in conference realignment depending on Maryland, Rutgers moving to Big Ten

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...sEnabled=false

Comment

Maryland to Announce Move to Big Ten

From abcnews - ap report

Maryland is set to announce it is joining the Big Ten.

The Big Ten Network tweeted that it will cover the school's news conference Monday afternoon to announce Maryland's decision to leave the Atlantic Coast Conference. It will become the 13th member of the Big Ten.

Rutgers is expected follow suit by Tuesday, departing the Big East and making it an even 14 in the Big Ten. The move for both schools is not expected to take effect until 2014.
                    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...g-ten-17761107

Comment

Originally posted by #41 View Post
                      UC needs the BIG to go to 16 schools. They're the only conference that can ADD revenue by expanding (thanks to the BTN) -- every other conference would have to slice their TV revenue pie smaller.

If the B10 adds 4 schools (3 non BE, 1 BE) that creates 3 openings in other conferences. I have a tough time thinking UC isn't a top-3 candidate for inclusion in any of these scenarios.
                      Wouldn't OSU block any move to include UC ?

Comment

Adding UC to the B1G does nothing. The B1G network is already here. All they are doing is looking for markets that don't have their network. They just added like 100 million tvs, and at $2 a pop or whatever the going rate is for the cable companies to carry it the B1G just hit a huge payday.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                          I believe his thinking is that to get to 16, B1G raids the ACC further (GT, NC are rumored) which creates 2 more spots in the ACC. There are also rumors of FSU and VT to the SEC. The ACC could wind up looking a lot like the old Big East.
                          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                            #41 means it would possibly open a spot for us in the ACC or Big12 (whatever it's called now) because the B1g could take from them.

Comment

The ACC has always been proactive in this insanity so I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and expand to 16 teams now. That would be 3 to add (UC, UL, and UCONN)? The Big12 seems to sit on their hands but maybe they will also do something to get out in front of this.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X