X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACC in talks with 4 BIG EAST teams

https://twitter.com/murphsturph

Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerCBS
    ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.
    Retweeted by Brian Murphy
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

Its a twitter source so take it for what its worth.

Comment

Yeah, but it's a CBS Sports reporter, not just some joe with a smartphone.

This is not looking good for UC if they've gotta somehow leapfrog LOU and UCONN to get the add -- and the fact that either one of those schools leaving with UCONN makes the nBE exponentially weaker.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...nd-replacement

Source mentions UConn and UL as favorites

Comment

Big 12 is what im thinking
          L

Comment

Maybe the ACC would like to pay back the B1G by expanding into one of their states? Uconn does not give them a new TV market, UC does.

Comment

Maybe the ACC will be the first to go to 16, and take Cincinnati, Connecticut, and Louisville. I think that would appease the basketball bunch of Duke, and UNC, and make the football schools FSU and Clemson very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                Maybe the ACC will be the first to go to 16, and take Cincinnati, Connecticut, and Louisville. I think that would appease the basketball bunch of Duke, and UNC, and make the football schools FSU and Clemson very happy.
                I think at FSU will probably bolt too and USF will end up there too. Who knows?

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. There is some history with UC/UL/VT/FSU from the Metro days along with Pitt and Syracuse currently. Cincinnati and Louisville are new markets while UConn further solidifies the NE quadrant for them.

Heck they may add 3 BBschools to get to 20 with GT, St. Johns and Nova. That would be one heckuva a league that no other conference could match. Then the ACC might get their wish and hold their tourney @ MSG.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

https://twitter.com/murphsturph
                    Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerCBS - ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.
                    Hard not to get one's hopes up, but "In talks" doesn't really mean anything. ESPN's latest article suggests that these "talks" may not have been initiated by the ACC:

"An ACC official told ESPN Monday afternoon the league has not contacted or approached any schools about replacing Maryland. Any decision the league's presidents make on future membership will be a "deliberate and strategic assessment of what's best for the conference."

However, the ACC official said the league has been contacted by numerous schools inquiring about joining the league
                    ." From http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ll-sources-say
                    Last edited by Big Herm; 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM.
                    McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      I think at FSU will probably bolt too and USF will end up there too. Who knows?
                      Yeah, all the rumors point to FSU and VT to the SEC. Neither has any real loyalties to the ACC.

Red Rocker
                      CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

The Louisville slant from former Enquirer Reds beat reporter Tim Sullivan:

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...nclick_check=1

Red Rocker
                        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I'm reading all around the interwebs tonight, and not finding anything, nada, zilch about UC's possible place in this dangerous game of musical chairs.

People like to rag on Bill Koch, but I find him to be an objective realist, and he speaks the cold hard truth here:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

The Big East is in it's death throes. There is no buzz for us here at UC at all, and the west schools are desperately seeking a way out now too. I can't even remember who is supposed to be coming into the conference at this point.

It's like we're on the Island of Misfit Toys. Will Santa remember us this year?

Comment

The people of Cincinnati are their own worst enemy.

Comment

Blame the alums. There are something like a quarter million UC alums and they can't keep a 35k stadium sold out. That's kinda ridiculous, if we're being honest.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X