Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU to the BIG EAST

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
    East Carolina will join Big East as football only member in 2014, sources told @ESPN

I just saw this too.... And football only WTF? Maybe this means that the ACC is going to take Navy instead of Uconn. (Been hearing about that lately)

Comment

Hmmmm. Don't know what to make of this.

Comment

Gee, based on some comments, maybe we should just go back to the Ohio Valley Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          Gee, based on some comments, maybe we should just go back to the Ohio Valley Conference.
          I know you're being facetious, but UC was never in the OVC. The original affiliation was in something called the Ohio Athletic Conference about 100 years ago. UC also was in the Missouri Valley Conference, which would be just as absurd as a landing place.

We just have to hope that the ACC stays viable and wants to include us. The BE is so watered down now that it's reputation is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            The BE is so watered down now that it's reputation is shot.
            That's the key statement here - even before all this crap started, the Big East's reputation was shaky, and adding ECU and Tulane as warm bodies are not going to increase reputation (or the TV value) at all.

Comment

You have to feel sorry for Mike Aresco. This can't be what he envisioned when he took this job.

Comment

Just got into a little back and force with an ECU fan on Twitter who claims that ECU's attendance figures justify their addition to the Big East. I'll grant him that the attendance is good. But there is no way ECU moves the TV needle at all. And outside of some minor bowl appearances, they have accomplished NOTHING in football. And no one...NO ONE likes to travel to that remote location in NC.
                Keith Wedinger
                Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Didn't ECU produce a backup QB for the mighty Bengals?

Comment

This is bad news. BE is Conf USA 2.0. Need to find a way out. Will any conference throw us a life preserver???

Comment

My memory of ECU: When I was an undergrad, a professor had 2 tickets on the 50 yard line for a UC-ECU game on ESPN and couldn't give them away in a class of around 100.

Comment

Originally posted by righthook View Post
                        My memory of ECU: When I was an undergrad, a professor had 2 tickets on the 50 yard line for a UC-ECU game on ESPN and couldn't give them away in a class of around 100.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X