Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC talking to North Carollina and Duke

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/...-real-possibi/

According to this article for the last 3 years! I've never been a SEC fan, but come on make a move, so our Cats can move!

I just wish they would go ahead and do it...Start the music and when it stops everyone sits in the chair they want to sit in!

Comment

I question the legitimacy of such a move. ACC basketball is much better than SEC basketball and Duke and UNC will struggle to compete with SEC football. Toss in the fact that academically Duke and UNC would immediately be the best in the conference along with Vanderbilt and it doesn't seem like a good fit if universities are even considering academics anymore these days.
      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

I can't believe that the SEC would allow Duke and NC to contaminate their football league ... I find this hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by c_b_stamm View Post
          I can't believe that the SEC would allow Duke and NC to contaminate their football league ... I find this hard to believe.
          UK would have someone to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by c_b_stamm View Post
            #Vandy .
            Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate!!!

Comment

Athletics and academics have nothing to do with it. It is all about money. Stop thinking about the lipstick on the pig and focus on the pig.

Comment

i'm not familiair with fla st.'s situation, but it's somewhat surprising to me that they would be that much better off in the big 12. i could see where they could come out ahead $ wise in the sec, but the big 12 is somewhat shakey as well. i wonder if they are having a vision of becoming a quasi independent like texas. i also can't see duke and nc in the sec. they struggle in fball in the acc.

Comment

Big 12

Although the ACC might be a better fit, the Big 12 may come knocking before the ACC

Comment

I don't think Texas is going anywhere. Didn't all the teams link their tv rights together for the next 10 years? Thought I heard that somewhere.
                    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                      http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/...-real-possibi/

According to this article for the last 3 years! I've never been a SEC fan, but come on make a move, so our Cats can move!
                      While there are strange things going on everywhere - Duke to the SEC? I know several Duke grads and they think they are far and away too good academically for the ACC - can you imagine what they think of Alabama and either of the Mississippi schools.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X