Clear All

• $160M needed for Nippert and 5/3rd

$160M needed to get UC ready for big leagues

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Did any Bearcat fans win the big lotto?
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

This should have leaked out months ago. Then, simply state that we have plans to renovate Nippert and the Shoe and that we are ramping up fundraising efforts to pay for it. Heck, it might take 10 years to get there, but at least start some fundraising. That is what would build some excitement AND open the eyes of other conferences. Am I wrong here?

Comment

So I'm not sure I fully follow the logic behind rotating the court 90 degrees from its current location. I remember reading a while back that if 5/3 gets permanent "full-bowl" seating in the lower arena, it works better to rotate the court 90-degrees.

But what about the upper level? Seems like those seats will now be much worse, as instead of having sideline seats from the upper level, they now become end-court seats.

My personal preference is sidecourt view >>> endcourt view.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Team View Post
          So I'm not sure I fully follow the logic behind rotating the court 90 degrees from its current location. I remember reading a while back that if 5/3 gets permanent "full-bowl" seating in the lower arena, it works better to rotate the court 90-degrees.

But what about the upper level? Seems like those seats will now be much worse, as instead of having sideline seats from the upper level, they now become end-court seats.

My personal preference is sidecourt view >>> endcourt view.
          It's possible they will be much better as endcourt seats though, because they will be at least a bit closer to the court. The biggest reason why I hate those seats now is because they seem so far away from the court, due to the relatively low slope of the sideline seats in the lower sections. I'd like to see a picture of the design. I assume the entire seating arrangement would be redesigned to make it work.

Comment

It doesn't say anything about adding any standard seats to Nippert... just luxury boxes and improving concessions... They would HAVE to add more seats for this to be worth it. having a mega billionaire alum who liked sports would be something pretty awesome to have right now.

Comment

The talk is adding nearly a field length pressbox with suites and loge seating and connecting it through TUC. I think this could get us over 40k seats.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat25 View Post
                This should have leaked out months ago. Then, simply state that we have plans to renovate Nippert and the Shoe and that we are ramping up fundraising efforts to pay for it. Heck, it might take 10 years to get there, but at least start some fundraising. That is what would build some excitement AND open the eyes of other conferences. Am I wrong here?
                Why wouldn't the University make these plans and drawings available to the public? Put pictures up outside the games, make it known what you are trying to do, start a public campaign to raise the money to get this done. Set a goal to raise $32M through public and private donations by the end of 2014 and being construction in 2015. The school needs to get more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fear the Binturong View Post
                  Why wouldn't the University make these plans and drawings available to the public? Put pictures up outside the games, make it known what you are trying to do, start a public campaign to raise the money to get this done. Set a goal to raise $32M through public and private donations by the end of 2014 and being construction in 2015. The school needs to get more aggressive.
                  I agree. It's time to get aggressive. Do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Comment

Hate to say it, but the time to make that happen was 10 years ago, when schools like Rutgers and Louisville upgraded their facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                      It doesn't say anything about adding any standard seats to Nippert... just luxury boxes and improving concessions... They would HAVE to add more seats for this to be worth it. having a mega billionaire alum who liked sports would be something pretty awesome to have right now.
                      Who said it has to be an alum? Larry Sheakley did not go to school at UC. Although he will get an honorary degree on Dec. 15th.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If they are going to spend $100-$120M on the BB arena, I hope they knock it down and start from scratch and build something akin to the Schottenstein Center while incorporating some on Cintas Center's features such as the meeting rooms, etc. Maybe about 16,500 to 17,500 in seating.
                        RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Who said it has to be an alum? Larry Sheakley did not go to school at UC. Although he will get an honorary degree on Dec. 15th.
                          John Schnatter isn't an alum of UL either. He's a Ball State guy from across the river in Jeffersonville, IN. He just has an affinity for his metro of Louisville.
                          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Guys, I am working on becoming the next billionaire to donate wildly to a university. Obviously UC being the target of such spending. However, I am still a few years away from that goal, but trust me that when reached I will do all I can.
                            In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                            Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X