The Price of Moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Price of Moving

Has anyone been keeping track of how much money has been generated by exit fees? What share would be ours if we stay? Would we lose all of that if we were to leave? I have a feeling that would be a good chunk of money. What about basketball tournament monies? How is that affected.

Plus if we went to the ACC or the B12 and then the one we choose starts to fall apart what the heck we do then. I like going to the ACC because it would be a better place for our football to be competitive and we would still have some of our old basketball rivals. However, I almost feel since the b12 is raiding the ACC that if a conference were to fold it would be the ACC so maybe the b12 is the way to go. Assuming we have a choice of course.

The only thing that concerns me about the big 12, other than increased travel expenses, is that almost all of Mick's recruiting base is on the east coast.
    Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MicksTheGuy View Post
      Has anyone been keeping track of how much money has been generated by exit fees? What share would be ours if we stay? Would we lose all of that if we were to leave? I have a feeling that would be a good chunk of money. What about basketball tournament monies? How is that affected.

Plus if we went to the ACC or the B12 and then the one we choose starts to fall apart what the heck we do then. I like going to the ACC because it would be a better place for our football to be competitive and we would still have some of our old basketball rivals. However, I almost feel since the b12 is raiding the ACC that if a conference were to fold it would be the ACC so maybe the b12 is the way to go. Assuming we have a choice of course.
      My understanding is that part of the Rutgers lawsuit against the BE concerns the fact that they have yet to collect and disperse any of the exit fees from the departing members.

Comment

What's not clear about all this exit fee info. is whether there were negotiated payment terms which called for monies to be paid at later dates. Clearly there are binding commitments, the question is when they have agreed they are due to be funded.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X