DVD to ACC presidents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD to ACC presidents?

Listening to 700WLW right now and Bill "Seg" Dennison just mentioned something on Bill Cunningham's show that apparently UC has sent out a DVD to the presidents of the ACC schools detailing the renovations/updates to Nippert.

Don't know if this is BS or not, but Seg usually isn't a BS artist unlike a lot of others on that location on the dial. He also mentioned that a $2M contract has been awarded for design work. Didn't mention to whom.
    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
    CoB '90 MBA '04

I just posted it here:

http://forums.bearcatnews.com/showth...875#post220875
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Really nothing new outside of spending the first $2M and sending the DVDs out.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...pert-expansion

Red Rocker
      CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
        Really nothing new outside of spending the first $2M and sending the DVDs out.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...pert-expansion
        In their defense, they had to start sending out the DVDs after they blocked Ono on twitter for tagging everything with #swofford #hottestconferencecommishinamerica

Comment

Originally posted by righthook View Post
          In their defense, they had to start sending out the DVDs after they blocked Ono on twitter for tagging everything with #swofford #hottestconferencecommishinamerica
          I must have missed that.

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

And why is Ohio's governor not getting behind UC's attempts at a better future? Seems Connecticut's governor understands how important that university is to his state.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2013/01/...ut-initiative/
            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
              And why is Ohio's governor not getting behind UC's attempts at a better future? Seems Connecticut's governor understands how important that university is to his state.

Simple . . . The Ohio $tate Univer$ity

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post

Simple, he is worthless.

Comment

While I'm not a big fan of Governor Kasich, its not really his job to care about what schools are in which conferences. I really hope he has more important things to do.
                  Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Well, he should care. An ACC membership would bring a higher profile and more money to his state. On the other hand, do you really want Kasich on your side?

Comment

Originally posted by jplog View Post
                      Well, he should care. An ACC membership would bring a higher profile and more money to his state. On the other hand, do you really want Kasich on your side?
                      Who even voted for him?
                      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
                        While I'm not a big fan of Governor Kasich, its not really his job to care about what schools are in which conferences. I really hope he has more important things to do.
                        I'm with jplog, he should care, a lot. While I don't expect him to explicitly lobby the ACC or the BigXII I do expect him to do what he can by directing state resources, whatever they may be - human, capital, money, etc - to help the largest employer in his state's largest metropolitan statistical area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...tistical_Areas

And I also agree with London Cat that too much of the state's attention and resources has been diverted to o$u for far too long. Perhaps this is a remnant of UC being a metropolitan college while o$u has always been a land-grant state university but the fact remains UC is very important to Cincinnati and Cincinnati is very important to Ohio so Kasich should give a damm.

And on a side note, it might be worth reminding Johnny boy that SW Ohio is a Republican stronghold. Cleveland is not. Toledo is not. Akron-Canton is not. And Columbus is a mix. He may want to consider paying homage to the area that put him in office.
                        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

All the politics aside. You cannot rely on a political fugue to get you into a better position. So UC needs to do a much better job marketing themselves and bring taken seriously as a university.
                          In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                          Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                            Who even voted for him?
                            Cleveland and you don't live in Cleveland!
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
                              All the politics aside. You cannot rely on a political fugue to get you into a better position. So UC needs to do a much better job marketing themselves and bring taken seriously as a university.
                              Not saying rely on him or anyone else. I'm questioning why he isn't assisting. And if he's not assisting on his own then I'm asking why he is not being requested to do so.

The fact remains the governor is the chief executive of the state and uc is a major institution in the state. There is no reason why the governor should not be asked to do what he can for uc's best interests.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X