what if in 5 years were still stuck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if in 5 years were still stuck.

With the AQ gone after this season, let's assume the worst that were still in the misfit 12 in 5 years. I almost wonder if it wouldnt be worth exploring the idea again of a continental conference. IE Boise state, BYU, Sdsu, Unlv, and merging with Houston Memphis south Florida and cincy and Connecticut. In hindsight, I wish this would have happened, it was a travel nightmare, but on paper looked a lot tter than what we currently have.

So what if were here 5 years, what do you do? Keep waiting and hoping, or push the envelope and do something yourself?

Won't be that long. Relax...

http://bearcatsnation.com/2013/03/19...cc-invitation/

Comment

I read that too. Would be great, but out of pure curiosity, I wonder if push came to shove, would any of the schools take charge and merge with other schools left out worthy of joining top tier conferences?

Comment

Think of it this way, we are "stuck" so to speak because of our committment to playing football with the big boys. We realize football is an untapped potential of huge revenue gains that will benefit the university in both funding and exposure, taking the next step from where our BB program has already attained.

We left the Big East behind because football was not a priority. We can argue the reasoning here until the cows come home, but it boiled down to BCS and perception there would eventually be four super conferences driving the football cash cow. Some folks are hedging their bets on ACC, others on Big 12, and no one was betting on the Big East. I know it sounds snooty, but I'm glad we stuck to our guns and committment to football. We renewed scholarships for Olympic sports and I have faith that Whit/Santa will take us to a good landing spot.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

How long has UC been the misfit? Seems like we've been hopping from conference for decades. Is this typical?

UC's Conference History (from Wikipedia)
          Independent 1901-1910
          Ohio Athletic Conference 1910 - 1925
          Buckeye Intercollegiate Athletic Association 1925-1937
          Independent 1937-1946
          Mid-American Conference 1952-1953
          Independent 1953-1957
          Missouri Valley Conference 1957-1970
          Independent 1970-1975
          Metro 1975-1991
          Great Midwest 1991-1995
          Conference USA 1995-2005
          Big East 2005 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
            How long has UC been the misfit? Seems like we've been hopping from conference for decades. Is this typical?

UC's Conference History (from Wikipedia)
            Independent 1901-1910
            Ohio Athletic Conference 1910 - 1925
            Buckeye Intercollegiate Athletic Association 1925-1937
            Independent 1937-1946
            Mid-American Conference 1952-1953
            Independent 1953-1957
            Missouri Valley Conference 1957-1970
            Independent 1970-1975
            Metro 1975-1991
            Great Midwest 1991-1995
            Conference USA 1995-2005
            Big East 2005 - 2013
            I think the conference alignment path is similar to Louisville, S. Carolina, even Fla. State. Take a look at Texas and Oklahoma, Southwest Conference, Big 8, Big 12...what's next. What this tells me is that conference allegiances and realignment is not new. It's just now hitting some of the perceived bigger names and getting much more media attention due to the amount of moolah being thrown around by sponsors.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
              I think the conference alignment path is similar to Louisville, S. Carolina, even Fla. State. Take a look at Texas and Oklahoma, Southwest Conference, Big 8, Big 12...what's next. What this tells me is that conference allegiances and realignment is not new. It's just now hitting some of the perceived bigger names and getting much more media attention due to the amount of moolah being thrown around by sponsors.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X