Clear All

• CBS 1st tier rights deal signed for BB

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...6#.UVHwOxnaiX0
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Here's some more info:
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...llion-per-year

"ESPN.com also reported that language was put in an original deal with NBC Sports Network that stated Connectiuct and Cincinnati are "next in line" to move to the ACC if that league loses any more members to the Big Ten, SEC or Big 12. The language passed to the ESPN deal when it matched NBC's offer."

That's good to hear!

Comment

I'm thinking the new conference will look at doing a Grant of Rights contract. Its in each conference's best interest, and it stops this merry-go-round game the conferences are playing.
      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
        I'm thinking the new conference will look at doing a Grant of Rights contract. Its in each conference's best interest, and it stops this merry-go-round game the conferences are playing.
        Personally don't see that happening in this league. Mostly because 2 members are trying to get the heck out of it and would vote against it.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Personally don't see that happening in this league. Mostly because 2 members are trying to get the heck out of it and would vote against it.
          Do you know if a vote for something like that would have to be unanimous or some kind of majority %?
          Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
            Do you know if a vote for something like that would have to be unanimous or some kind of majority %?
            From what I've seen In other conferences (Big 12, ACC) it needs to be unanimous. I could be wrong on this though.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
              That article says $4 million over 7 years. So does that mean the conference receives about a half million each year, which is then divided by our 10-12 teams. I hope it was suppose to $4 mil annually which even sucks

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X