Goodbye, Louisville.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 08bearcat View Post

70 people give more than 1k a year to basketball at UC. 7.0. That's insane.
    That's two more than last year. Granted that there's a few prominent donors on that list that more than make for the lack of support from the general base but yes 70 Tip Off Club Members for a school with 250,000 living alums is pretty pathetic.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Excuses. Colleges in the MAC and CUSA manage to out fundraise UC. I am sorry, but if only 70 people give a thousand bucks, UC isn't trying.

After all, they just raised a BILLION dollars for the general campaign. You mean to tell me they can't replace a basketball arena? That money is out there.

But that's beside the point. There was no vision or progressive thinking until it was too late. Louisville has advantages, yes. But they had VISION.

Originally posted by 08bearcat View Post
      Turns out that all of those leaders who you hold culpable for failing UC only fill one seat at games. We had 1 sellout season under Huggins. We had 1 sort of sell out season under Brian Kelly.

Our leadership has done a great job with limited resources brought on by lack of investment by the community. But I'm pretty tired of hearing people on here complain about a lack of leadership. Our presidents particularly have taken us from a commuter school still recovering from a transition to state control to a top 130 school, top 25 research institution and a world class destination university. Athletics has overachieved for a long time.

I'm proud of UC and it's leadership. The worst thing that could happen is selling out the tremendous leaps forward we've made for athletics, and I'm glad our leadership hasn't done that.

70 people give more than 1k a year to basketball at UC. 7.0. That's insane.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X