• Show
Clear All

• Boise State sues BE

They would like to keep their $5mill

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bsu-wan...19--ncaaf.html
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I think they have a good point, and an excellent chance of getting back their dough- the league fell apart while they were waiting to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
      I think they have a good point, and an excellent chance of getting back their dough- the league fell apart while they were waiting to come in.
      I'd argue the opposite. The league was still in existence when they chose to leave. We will eventually collect from TCU so there's your precedent.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
        What a rational thing for you to say, I agree
        Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

This ultimately may be negotiated to a lesser amount, but who knows? As far as I'm concerned, it's a case of buyer beware. It's not as though BSU's brass didn't see the potential for that house of cards to collapse; maybe not in the exact manner that unfolded, but there's no way continued realignment wasn't going to occur and probably at the BE's expense. If they didn't see it, then they weren't looking very hard at reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I'd argue the opposite. The league was still in existence when they chose to leave. We will eventually collect from TCU so there's your precedent.
            Put yourself in Boise's shoes, be objective, and see how you feel. Nearly everyone left except UC, USF, and UConn. And UC and UConn want no part of this old BE and want out ASAP.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X