New AAC logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AAC logo

Looks a lot like the logo for MLB American league all star team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-logo/2369991/
    Bryan Shaw

The generic conference name and clip art logo just add insult to injury.
    Sad.
    McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

One thing I have learned is that no matter what anyone brings to the table there will be those that like it and others that hate it. Can't satisfy everyone.

Comment

I kinda like it frankly. Clipart logo or not it looks like they spent more time on it than we did italicizing the C-paw. No one liked that either once upon a time.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks good to me! I like it!

Comment

As far as logos go, I kind of like it. However, I hate that we are going to be using it.

Comment

Nice of them to pay homage to the All Star Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Big Herm View Post
                The generic conference name and clip art logo just add insult to injury.
                Sad.
                Do you honestly think any of the power conferences have creative names? Think about it... Atlantic Coast, Big 12, and Southeastern Conference are really not at the forefront of creativity.

Comment

Commish discussing conference name, logo, scheduling, etc.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...tic-conference

Comment

Originally posted by Banter View Post
                    Do you honestly think any of the power conferences have creative names? Think about it... Atlantic Coast, Big 12, and Southeastern Conference are really not at the forefront of creativity.
                    Few could argue that those names are creative, but they are certainly more evocative than "American." So, in that sense I suppose you have a point- these other conferences are not creative so much as they are descriptive or in that they benefit from having some history. Some of your examples gently tie the name of the conference to a regional identity and/or tradition (other conference names do even more effectively, think of the Sun Belt or Colonial). Granted, the AAC doesn't have any history to draw from, nor does it have a regional footprint, but it seems that the organizers opted for the most broad umbrella in constructing an identity rather than sticking their neck out. I think this is why something along the lines of the Metro Conference seemed to have some public support when the name was still being determined. The danger is that in trying to appeal to everyone they end up appealing to nobody.
                    McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Banter View Post
                      Very good point! I think the AAC is as good as some of those names, if not better. the big12 doesn't even have 12 teams in it!
                      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Better than whatever the Big Ten has going on.
                        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X