• Show
Clear All

• OT: Gordon Gee's complete remarks.

Parsed by question by SI.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/...sial-comments/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

• 11:03: “You know Penn State just abhors Pitt. It would be the same way. Even though we love Cincinnati as a city, we want it to be an Ohio State city. They’d have to take Gene out and shoot him to let Cincinnati into the Big Ten. There are some things that we just would not to. And that’s the way that Penn State also feels about Pitt.”

At least they love us "as a city"
    Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

• 4:56: “[The addition of Maryland and Rutgers to the Big Ten] gives us 40 to 50 million more viewers, makes the BTN worth more money than God. I did say that. It’s a very powerful instrument for us.”

Wow what a clown. I don't know where to begin. He has to know better, he obviously just doesn't give a damn. It's not like he's the president of some 'little sister's of the poor' school. Not sure how their BOT can let this go.
      Last edited by bcbearcat12; 05-31-2013, 03:26 PM.
      Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

To me his comments are what we all assumed O$U thoughts were. He just made them public. Now there is no need for articles discussing why they won't play us in bball, why they keep buying out the football games,etc. If they want to own the City they can't take the chance of us beating them. With both football and bball getting better over the last few years they are not going to play us anytime soon.

Comment

Just Watch, UC is going to run the tables this year, go 13-0 (first BCS bowl win), and for whatever reason OSU isn't going to be able to fit us in the schedule next year because of the addition of Rutgers and MD and adding them to the schedule.

Comment

His comments about uc and cincinnati "needs to be an osu city" really sum up everything i've said on this board loath these many years. OSU fans around here wonder why they are not liked, now hopefully they can understand a little better. The funny thing is that this guy gets away with this stuff time and time again. He's the poster child for how out of control the big ncaa programs have gotten. This guy is a very, very low class individual who will do everything he can to enhance his position at the expense of others. I know of many examples of this, and when he opens his trap about taking another major state university's territory, he couldn't be more flagrant about just how low class an individual he is(and some others around him). Usually in life, it will catch up with them.

Comment

I'm sure Kansas and Missouri are seathing that he put their business out in public like that. No surprise attacks or bargaining chips for them.
              Bryan Shaw

Comment

He has received a "warning of dismissal" from the OSU BoT.

How many chances are you going to give the guy? That's twice he's done this and this one was pretty egregious.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

His dumb azz needs to go. The whole Catholics comment got me. The rest is just nails in the coffin. I guess he doesn't know Urban is a DEVOUT Catholic.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Thank you Dr. Gee for going public with what we always knew you really believed. I have been scolded before on this very board by some for saying that OSU officials are very condescending toward UC. Btw....this attitude is not unique to OSU. I could recite experiences that i have with administrators from other prominent Midwest schools that are no different than OSU. Just a matter of time before they all break away from the NCAA. They consider themselves above the rules.

Comment

Goes hand in hand with Urban's comments:

"We haven't had much of a presence in Cincinnati. We will smother the city of Cincinnati. We should own Cincinnati"--Urban Meyer on 700 WLW

As for Gee, he's a piece of sh!t. This is nothing new and after repeated flagrancies such as this you have to accept that these are his true colors. Sadly, the only thing that matters at o$u is money and because Gee is such a big fund raiser he will get a pass yet again despite a complete lack of decorum. And the o$u homers wonder why they are loathed by all
                      Last edited by Binturong05; 05-31-2013, 10:58 PM.
                      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

I'm sure many of you follow Santa Ono on twitter. He just fired off a few tweets lobbying for state government to support the development of multiple world class campuses. He also called for the state universities presidents to collaborate rather than compete.

I wonder with Gee seemingly in hot water up in Columbus if Ono is trying to 'strike while the iron is hot' and get some kind of show of public support out of him in an attempt to repair his public image. I highly doubt that will ever happen, but you can't blame Ono if that's what he's trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbearcat12 View Post
                          I'm sure many of you follow Santa Ono on twitter. He just fired off a few tweets lobbying for state government to support the development of multiple world class campuses. He also called for the state universities presidents to collaborate rather than compete.

I wonder with Gee seemingly in hot water up in Columbus if Ono is trying to 'strike while the iron is hot' and get some kind of show of public support out of him in an attempt to repair his public image. I highly doubt that will ever happen, but you can't blame Ono if that's what he's trying to do.
                          Probably the exact opposite. He understand Gee will never go for it bit EVERY other university in this state will, and Columbus will have to be forced to take a position where there is only one university in the state our the playing field is leveled. Ono doesn't care about saving the guys job.
                          In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                          Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Ono received and accepted Gee's apology 2 days ago ago according to his twitter feed. Ono's being a stand up guy in this by not stooping to Gee's level of rhetoric.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
                              Ono doesn't care about saving the guys job.
                              Of course not. Ono visited OSU last month and that db Gee couldn't even make time to meet with him. I just think that given the backlash to Gee's comments, Ono is trying to get him to make a statement that he otherwise never would make. It would be much more valuable for UC if Gee showed support of Ono's statements instead of every other state school not named OSU.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X