Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Louisville won the ACC Bid

http://loumag.epubxp.com/i/111400/68

OK I've always been a fan of Forde but this ticks me off.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Me as well. Add Pat Forde to the long list of "impartial journalists". At least that's what they want you to believe.

Comment

It doesn't particularly bother me. He's a Louisville guy and, while he's media and allegedly non-partisan, he covered the team for years. I'm not surprised. He was looking for a scoop and, if it happened to benefit UofL and the city, so much the better (from his perspective).

Now, that doesn't help UC's situation, but we have no idea whether the ACC seriously considered the Bearcats, beyond a short discussion.

Comment

He was doing his job.

I admire UL quite a bit. Great great leadership. I can only hope Santa and Whit are half as good as those two.

Comment

Does anybody really believe the version as stated in the article? He tipped Louisville off, pure and simple, and now would have people believe that he was only looking for a comment. Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
              He was doing his job.

I admire UL quite a bit. Great great leadership. I can only hope Santa and Whit are half as good as those two.
              Yea he was just doing his job. I bet the local UC beat writer (Bill Koch) and local sports writer Paul Daugherty would disagree with you. Those guys (and the local & state politicians) would not walk across the street to promote or assist UC athletics. They don't consider it part of their professional responsibility.
              Just another example of the huge media culture difference between what happens in "college towns" like Louisville & Columbus versus a pro town like Cincy.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                Yea he was just doing his job. I bet the local UC beat writer (Bill Koch) and local sports writer Paul Daugherty would disagree with you. Those guys (and the local & state politicians) would not walk across the street to promote or assist UC athletics. They don't consider it part of their professional responsibility.
                Just another example of the huge media culture difference between what happens in "college towns" like Louisville & Columbus versus a pro town like Cincy.
                Calling a source to verify rumors is not promoting UL athletics. For all Forde cares, they could join the Sun Belt. He just wants a scoop.

Furthermore, the inherent laziness that Doc and Koch display is why they're still on the same lame beats they've been on for 20 years and Forde writes for national publications. He hustles.

One could extend the same metaphor to UCs leadership vs UL and explain why that glorified community college is sitting in a premier academic conference while we play the likes of SMU and Central Florida.

And no, I don't think much of Santa's Pom Pom waving; it's a little like wishing for a miracle to me. Call me when we get an invite.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X