Umass to AAC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umass to AAC?

It would be a good addition for basketball but could they ever get their football program to respectability?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mac-uma...03--ncaaf.html

Temple Part Deux?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Do not like it for either sport.

Comment

If they can't win in the MAC, then they won't in the AAC!
        JDBearcat
        RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

They'll go to CUSA. IMO.
          Bryan Shaw

Comment

I would probably take them over East Carolina or Tulane. At least they bring some decent basketball to the table.

Comment

yep, good bball, fb may improve. i think it would also even out the numbers in the odd/even situation once lvl leave and tulane and tulsa join.

Comment

I've hoped for UMass for ages. It helps keeping UConn and Temple from being quite so isolated. They'd need a match though, as this would put the American at 12 all sports and 13 in football.

Comment

Geez, this is sad. How did we get here? (Kidding, we don't need to go through all that talk again).

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaisevil View Post
                    I've hoped for UMass for ages. It helps keeping UConn and Temple from being quite so isolated. They'd need a match though, as this would put the American at 12 all sports and 13 in football.
                    I can feel the pain of UCONN and Temple, but look at us. The closest team is Memphis at about 480 miles by car. The next closest is actually Temple at about 570 and East Carolina at about 590. Not a lot of road trips in this conference, at least not driving. In the old league Louisville, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia were all closer than Memphis, and in basketball DePaul and Marquette were also closer.
                    Last edited by longtimefan; 03-27-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Any way it's viewed, adding UMASS would not be good. This is the reason the UC administration has been indifferent along about it's membership in the AAC. The AAC seems to want to latch onto any team willing to apply for membership. Not a good edition at all if the story becomes true.

Comment

Aresco says we're not expanding.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...lans-to-expand

Comment

I accidentally read the headline as ACC... I was going to get upset if UMASS was going to get chosen if they expanded again over UC or UConn. Nevermind. Carry on.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X