Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would take it!!

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/07/...gnment-future/

Granted this guy is only some random internet dude expressing his opinion and has no inside knowledge but I would take his realignment scenario. On the football side it would be very winnable and the basketball side with Uconn, Louisville, Duke, North Carolina and Memphis our conference could match up with anybody. Of course there would have to be a monetary reason to do this or they wouldn't do it.
    Last edited by Bearcats1232002; 08-12-2014, 06:32 PM.

I would not hold my breath waiting for that.

Comment

I agree with you. Really farfetched. There would have to be a monetary reason for it and I don't see one happening.

Comment

I would take just about anything to get into P5, but in this scenario the ACC is not going to be a football conference. I would also take the agreement that Noter Shame has with the ACC too, if we're just saying what we'd take, throw in Boise St and BYU while lettting loose Navy from their late committment. Drop a bottom feeder or two and improve what we have until realignment finally gets to us.

Dreams are nice, but the reality is nothing is happening in the foreseeable future, unless the Big 12 expands to add a championship game (or implodes) or the B!G10 says that $31 million is not so bad to go after a few more ACC programs. Both are likely to happen at some point in the future, just not in the next few months...
        Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-13-2014, 07:25 AM.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

None of those ACC schools he projects leaving will leave because of their Grant of Rights deal. ND might leave since that deal doesn't extend to their football rights. The GoR runs through 2026-2027. If the expansion to 16 teams is imminent, they have room for 1 more team.

I can't see them choosing UC over UCONN considering UCONN's recent success, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Recent success has nothing to do with any decision that any conference would make concerning expansion.

It is money, money money....MONEY! Money!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Otto View Post
              Recent success has nothing to do with any decision that any conference would make concerning expansion.

It is money, money money....MONEY! Money!
              Of course you're correct. I just have to keep reminding my self that none of this has anything to do with what's truly best for the athletes, the sports, or the schools.

Comment

I have a friend in the WF athletic office who has access to minutes from ACC meetings who indicates they are very comfortable as they stand, anticipate no additional defections or expansions. The last list of expansion candidates they composed, which is quite dated at this point, listed UConn at the top, Penn St and S. Carolina as desirables but unlikely, E Carolina and an undetermined NY area representative as backup. Cincy was not on the short list. Again, this info is not fresh so It might have changed but again they are not expecting any movement.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X