No announcement yet.

Houston May Lobby To Join B12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would still have their own tournament. The same thing happened years ago when the NCAA was hatched out of the NIT model. The P5's want to keep everything in-house. They will set the rules. It is already starting with P5 schools only scheduling other P5 schools. In football some schools in the same conference are already scheduling out-of-conference games with each other.

One group of schools (P5's) will keep all the revenues in-house.

Comment

I don't think they will get rid of the NCAA tourney (even if it is no longer run by the NCAA) just because a 64 team tourney with all P5 schools basically making the tournament would be ignorant. It would mean that the regular season is only played for seeding. Other than the reason of seeding, it would make the regular season, conference games, and conference tournaments totally pointless and that would hurt some ratings. Sure, people would watch such a tournament because all of the big names would be there but I think it would water down the experience for people.

I could see the tournament staying as it is but less upsets and cinderella teams happening because there will be a division of haves and have-nots. The division will not be as dramatic as in football but there nevertheless.

Comment

You're missing the main ingredient...MONEY.

A little less for the total package but probably not much. But it all stays with the 64 teams. My guess is that it won't be split evenly giving incentive to the lessor performing teams to improve.

When you are starting from scratch there are no rules. They can make it whatever they want and will be successful.

64 teams...check
        schedule in-house all year....check
        pay our players...check
        develop a new tournament with our rules....check
        keep ALL the money in our pockets...check

I can see it happening because it has already started,

Comment

And then the rebirth of the NIT being the premier tourney.

Comment

With teams 64-300. Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Otto View Post
              You're missing the main ingredient...MONEY.

A little less for the total package but probably not much. But it all stays with the 64 teams. My guess is that it won't be split evenly giving incentive to the lessor performing teams to improve.

When you are starting from scratch there are no rules. They can make it whatever they want and will be successful.

64 teams...check
              schedule in-house all year....check
              pay our players...check
              develop a new tournament with our rules....check
              keep ALL the money in our pockets...check

I can see it happening because it has already started,
              Curious who the 64 teams are?? Right now you have 5 conferences with a total of 64 teams..(doesn't include ND) and you know Notre Dame is not getting left out.. if the Big12 is the conference to fold that means the SEC picks up Texas and who?? can't be OK becuase OK and OSU have to stay together.. basically a state law.. so lets say those 2 go to the pac12.. who still needs 2 more teams.. the big10 needs 2 more.. they might take Kansas but then you have another state law that refuses to let kansas Kstate split up.. going to be a lot of politics involved.. it isn't going to be easy to get to 4 x 16team conferences.. every scenario I see comes with large obstacles and I guarantee there are existing P5 teams that are going to get left out.. (looking at you TCU, Iowa State maybe Baylor).. the only conference I think would be for certain would be the ACC making Notre Dame join in all sports and finally bringing West Virginia to get to their 16.. but that's only if The Big10 or SEC don't take any schools from them.. if they do, don't expect the ACC to reach in to the Big12.. unless Texas is still available.. nobody else in the Big12 is worth the ACC travel headaches and scheduling... ****.. we could spend forever talking about this topic.. i'm quitting early as this has turned into a ramble.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X