No announcement yet.

BIg 12 close to title game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think your won-loss record from year to the next means that much. It is more about market size, facilities, where you are located and how much you spend on athletics. Having well-heeled wealthy donors also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      I hope we are still in a strong position after the disappointing football season. I think we are but fingers crossed.
      We are in astrong position for several reasons:

1. Bridge to WVU
      2. High level of academics - yes this really matters and I'm proud to say UC is really that good in almost every area!
      3. Facities in all sports - a commitment to compete in more than football and basketball
      4. Money, money, money! Donors, renovations, tv market share
      5. A high level recruiting area - the Cincinnati area sends a ton of kids to P5 conferences. The B!G, ACC, and SEC get the lion's share of those recruits, with some going to Big 12 and fewer to PAC.
      6. People and Relationships. Bohn, Santa, and others are great ambassadors with their finger on the pulse.

There are probably reasons against, but I am choosing to look at the positives until forced to rationalize why not us after expansion happens.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        I hope we are still in a strong position after the disappointing football season. I think we are but fingers crossed.
        Rutgers to the B1G and Syracuse to the ACC certainly supports the theory that on-field performance is not a factor in moving to a P5 conference.

Comment

Big fat Pete Thamel Article today : http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-con...528668401.html
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X