No announcement yet.

UConn to the Big East

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aresco report from UCF media. Hopes to have clarity by July 15.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...mpression=true

Comment

Per the Hartford Courant, Exit fee will be 17M. AAC will withold 5.5M for the next two year in distributions and they will pay 1M to the AAC for 6 years.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Apparently while paying to leave they are stuck playing 4 home and homes against AAC teams. Someone's head at UConn is going to roll over this mess. I really don't think they're going to save a ton of money here like they think unless they sack the whole program in 2020.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Good Riddance! What a mess of a program that is. They were so eager to leave, but when it all blows up on them financially, what will they say then? Probably that it was worth it...

Comment

Here’s the Courant article:

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...muy-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              Thank you!
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Ucons' 2020 Football opponents have been announced:

Away
                Ole Miss
                Illinois
                Virginia
                North Carolina
                San Jose State

Home
                Massachusetts
                Indiana
                Old Dominion
                Maine
                Liberty
                Middle Tennessee
                Army

Comment

How did they get Indiana to go there. Pre-existing deal I'm guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                    How did they get Indiana to go there. Pre-existing deal I'm guessing
                    Correct. UConn played at IU this year.

Comment

Uconn has now had 19 players enter the transfer portal. If memory serves they only signed 1 player in the last recruiting class. At this rate, the program will end by attrition
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Somebody asked me on Twitter if this was a record and no, it's not. Jacksonville U has 39 players in the portal. They opted to discontinue their football program.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Uconn has now had 19 players enter the transfer portal. If memory serves they only signed 1 player in the last recruiting class. At this rate, the program will end by attrition
                          Per 247sports.com, 14 true frosh enrolled at UConn for the current school year. Their website shows 22 true frosh. However, who knows if any of them can play football. There may be a boatload of walk-ons.

Comment

I didn't want to start a new threat for this, but I ran across these articles on the state of Ucons' program; not a lot that's new, just stuff from this season. Spoiler alert - it seems they're going to ride this out, but they kind of have to because of their financial commitment for the stadium.
                            From darlings to joke: What happened to UConn football? (247sports.com)

This article was written before Edsel resigned --- > Should UConn abandon big-time college football? The question is a complex one to answer (ctinsider.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                              I didn't want to start a new threat for this, but I ran across these articles on the state of Ucons' program; not a lot that's new, just stuff from this season. Spoiler alert - it seems they're going to ride this out, but they kind of have to because of their financial commitment for the stadium.
                              From darlings to joke: What happened to UConn football? (247sports.com)

This article was written before Edsel resigned --- > Should UConn abandon big-time college football? The question is a complex one to answer (ctinsider.com)
                              Both articles seem delusional. They just have no idea what a joke they are nationally.

Comment

This is a paywalled newsletter but it's really good article and interview about what the thinking is in Storrs.($)

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/uconn-...tmet-big-east/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X