Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    This probably isn't the way a split would result in realignment, but it's the idea of two SI writers. UC, UH, Memphis & UCF would join an expanded B12 in this scenario.

https://herosports.com/college-footb...-merger-ahah#1

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
    Hopefully if this happens they will expand beyond the 65. Kind of like the 5 super conferences of 16 each that they floated. We would be in if that happens but if they stay at 65 we would be screwed. It makes me wonder if they would take the big east for basketball only. I hope not because I would be ticked!!
    One thing I've seen is that it may be about 100 teams with some serious changes in membership which is something that was forecast after the last round of realignment. You may see some P5 conferences drop their dead weight so to speak. The Sun Belt , CUSA and the MAC are probably headed to the FCS level simply becuase they can't keep up financially.

I'd like to think we'd land in the upper tier of all but we're not in as good of financial shape as we think we are. Lots of debt to retire and heavy subsidization. I do think we have the facilities to move to the top rung but that's where all the debt came from.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

But do you think we will be in with the "Big Boys" when the dust settles?
    I really don’t know. If I were to guess, I would say UC will be left out. aO$U will want to have all the power and money in Ohio. It will do anything it can to make that happen. This could mean the death intercollegiate sports as we currently know it. A major league-minor league distinction at the FBS level, for all
    sports.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    I think this has been the P5 plan for some time now. C-19 may have accelerated the timeline, but I think it will eventually happen.
    But do you think we will be in with the "Big Boys" when the dust settles?

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    I think this has been the P5 plan for some time now. C-19 may have accelerated the timeline, but I think it will eventually happen.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied
    Hopefully if this happens they will expand beyond the 65. Kind of like the 5 super conferences of 16 each that they floated. We would be in if that happens but if they stay at 65 we would be screwed. It makes me wonder if they would take the big east for basketball only. I hope not because I would be ticked!!

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    My goodness I hope this never happens. It's bad enough they created this so called "Power 5" and left everyone else behind. Why hasn't someone or some organization sued to have this stopped or declared somehow illegal? If this happens I think it will ruin college sports as we know it today. J M H O.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    My goodness I hope this never happens. It's bad enough they created this so called "Power 5" and left everyone else behind. Why hasn't someone or some organization sued to have this stopped or declared somehow illegal? If this happens I think it will ruin college sports as we know it today. JMHO!

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X