Theoretical team expansion draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical team expansion draft

This is an interestIng response from Stewart Mandel to a question on his mail. What happens if the P5 conferences can hold a draft and pick 2 G5 teams each for expansion. Spoiler: we get drafted by the Big Ten with the very first pick. ($)

Mandel’s Mailbag: What if the Power 5 held an expansion draft of Group of 5 teams?
    https://theathletic.com/1959049/2020...shared_article
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

You have to have a subscription to view it.

Comment

What are the chances we ever become an AAU Member? I thought I read somewhere we were close to being next in line.

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post
        What are the chances we ever become an AAU Member? I thought I read somewhere we were close to being next in line.
        I also had heard we were close but have no idea if that’s hearsay or factual. I would expect OSU to block us from membership in the AAU. Been a while since that came up.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          You have to have a subscription to view it.
          That’s why there’s a ($) after what I wrote. Here’s a summary .

Big Ten takes UC and University of Toronto (?!?)

Big 12 takes UCF and BYU

ACC takes USF and App St.

SEC takes SMU and Memphis

PAC12 takes San Diego St and Boise St.

This was all fun and games. A lot of this would not work in reality because existing schools would block half of it.

The funny thing, and the article points it out, is that Houston is left standing in the corner.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There's a nice thread discussing UC and the AAU here: https://csnbbs.com/thread-899550-pos...ml#pid16922137

I suggest going to the end and then working your way back to find where they start discussing the AAU idea.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X