X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Thamel. Fridays vote is a formality

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...958202883?s=21
    What are the odds Thamel is right? He also wrote an article suggesting the Big 12 go to 20 teams.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Rubber stamp on Friday....... Big 12 expansion: Presidents to 'rubber stamp' invites to BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF on Friday - CBSSports.com

Comment

• If OU and UT give rubber stamp, expect additional news on their early departure shortly after. The divorce was always going to be ugly, but GoR really complicates the process.

BTW - is this the first conference defection since GoR took effect? Was Maryland in the ACC GoR before leaving for the B!G?

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

If OU and UT give rubber stamp, expect additional news on their early departure shortly after. The divorce was always going to be ugly, but GoR really complicates the process.

BTW - is this the first conference defection since GoR took effect? Was Maryland in the ACC GoR before leaving for the B!G?
          Here's an interesting take from a contract attorney in 2013 regarding GoR:

https://www.outkick.com/myth-of-the-...rights-010313/

Comment

• Jason Williams of the Enquirer writes about the potential impact of UC joining the Big 12 ($) https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ce/5770273001/

Should benefit Fickell's desire to get a permanent indoor practice facility, could lead to a future UC softball team though there would be nowhere on campus for a field (Big 12 would only have 5 teams once UT and OU leave - I'm not sure if any of the others joining have teams)

Comment

• The financials will be interesting to see on GoR for UT and OU on the way out but also for UC, UH and UCF on the way in. I'm sure either Jason or Justin WIlliams will do an open records request on this when the documents become available. There's still a lot of things to iron out here like are we getting a full conference TV revenue share and when does it start. Normally some of this stuff would leak out but that hasn't happened yet.

There's still stuff out there like what happens financially in 2025 if the conference dissolves and what TV network we end up on when we change conferences.

I want to be really enthusiatic about this move but to be honest I'm just kind of like "Thank God, that's over".

As much as I'd love to shut down the Conference Realignment forum permanently, I don't think we're quite done yet playing musical chairs depending on what ESPN wants to mess with next.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Jason Williams of the Enquirer writes about the potential impact of UC joining the Big 12 ($) https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ce/5770273001/

Should benefit Fickell's desire to get a permanent indoor practice facility, could lead to a future UC softball team though there would be nowhere on campus for a field (Big 12 would only have 5 teams once UT and OU leave - I'm not sure if any of the others joining have teams)
                Maybe we can get the club triathlon team officially designated as a university sponsored sport, great opportunity for Title IX. The Youth Nationals have been in West Chester the past 4-5 years and will be in town again at least next year. It's a sport at state community college of Ohio, Columbus branch and there are several local high schools with teams. I know one of the now graduated former members and there is a lot of talent already in place. It'd be great for UC to formally offer this, at least for women's teams.

Comment

The financials will be interesting to see on GoR for UT and OU on the way out but also for UC, UH and UCF on the way in. I'm sure either Jason or Justin WIlliams will do an open records request on this when the documents become available. There's still a lot of things to iron out here like are we getting a full conference TV revenue share and when does it start. Normally some of this stuff would leak out but that hasn't happened yet.

There's still stuff out there like what happens financially in 2025 if the conference dissolves and what TV network we end up on when we change conferences.

I want to be really enthusiatic about this move but to be honest I'm just kind of like "Thank God, that's over".

As much as I'd love to shut down the Conference Realignment forum permanently, I don't think we're quite done yet playing musical chairs depending on what ESPN wants to mess with next.
                  If GoR goes out the window, the ACC will be raided by the SEC and B!G. At minimum UNC, FSU, Miami, and Clemson will be sought after by both SEC and the B!G. Hopefully, the Big 12 will be one of the raiders of what is left, instead of ACC raiding the Big 12. I don't see any of the current or proposed new Big 12 members adding value to B!G or SEC. Thankfully, the Big 12 is still way better than the ACC when you cut off just the top 2 ACC team, plus ending the ND affiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Jason Williams of the Enquirer writes about the potential impact of UC joining the Big 12 ($) https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ce/5770273001/

All three of the other entrants (BYU, UH & UCF) field softball teams. IA State, KS State & TCU do not.

Does anyone know if the B12 require members to field a minimum number of programs? Here is a link to the conference website, where the different sports are listed. There are some sports that UC does not support (equestrian & wrestling, for instance). The lacrosse team would need to find a home, unless the AAC allowed UC to continue to play in the conference. The AAC already has a few lacrosse-only participants.

https://big12sports.com/

Comment

• The Board of Trustees will meet at 9:30 am tomorrow.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Central Florida’s board will meet at 3:15
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Board of Trustees will meet at 9:30 am tomorrow.
                          Here's the tweet from Justin showing the notification letter

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...094246915?s=19

Comment

• Aresco has spoken: "These schools aren't dynastiies" in reference to UC, UCF & UH. He's trying to shrug this off, but realignment is taking a huge chunk of the AAC's success.

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/aac-co...144708644.html

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Here's the tweet from Justin showing the notification letter

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...094246915?s=19
                              If you scroll down further, there is a table rating all of the conferences in terms of basketball. Big 12 is number 1 with old teams and remains at number 1 by losing Texas and Oklahoma but gaining the new 4. Interesting stuff.

Comment

• Today’s the day. President Pinto has tweeted that it’s a beautiful day to be a Bearcat
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X