General Expansion stuff 2022 and beyond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Expansion stuff 2022 and beyond

If you read that thread title in a Buzz Lightyear voice, you win. Place general expansion stuff here . Leave the Welcome to the Big XII thread for Big XII specific stuff.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Here is some rambling about the B1G needing to take Kansas and Colorado instead of ND just to keep up with the SEC. Big Ten Expansion. NOW What Does It Do? 22 Thoughts For 2022, No. 14 (yahoo.com)
    Kansas has been rumored to the Big 10 for a while but usually with Iowa St. They are both AAU schools. I'm not sure where the Yahoo writer is getting Colorado from unless he thinks they are still in the Big 12. Obviously they're in the PAC 12 and the move has been not good for them sports wise. I have not heard a single things where they are looking to get out of the PAC.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Kansas has been rumored to the Big 10 for a while but usually with Iowa St. They are both AAU schools. I'm not sure where the Yahoo writer is getting Colorado from unless he thinks they are still in the Big 12. Obviously they're in the PAC 12 and the move has been not good for them sports wise. I have not heard a single things where they are looking to get out of the PAC.
      There is a lot of speculation among Big 12 fans that Colorado is unhappy in PAC and would want to come "home". The scenario would be if the PAC imploded because Big Ten adds USC, Oregon,Washington, and either Stanford or UCLA. In that Big Ten expansion scenario of adding a West Coast pod, then the other PAC Teams would be looking for a home with the Big 12 targeting Utah, Colorado, AZ, and AZ St. I personally think it is a pipe dream, but who'd have thunk Nebraska to Big Ten and OU to SEC? Stranger things....
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This is a good read from Pat Forde on the possible breakup of FBS down the road.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/2...ision-1-change
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick says total Division I realignment is ‘inevitable’ - Sports Illustrated

Total breakdown in the mid 2030's.

Comment

The ACC commissioner promised ND’s Mike Brey there would not be a p5 breakaway from the NCAA.

https://www.on3.com/news/jim-phillip...big-12-pac-12/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X