True Bearcat's crystal ball.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Bearcat's crystal ball.

How I see the 3 big conferences in 2040. (additions only)

Big Ten
    USC
    UCLA
    Oregon
    Washington
    Stanford
    California
    Florida State
    North Carolina
    Virginia
    Notre Dame

SEC
    North Carolina State
    Clemson
    Virginia Tech
    Miami

Big XII

Arizona
    Arizona St
    Colorado
    Utah
    Pitt
    Louisville
    Georgia Tech
    Syracuse

I can see part of this. However, the SEC will not sit with 4 fewer teams than the B1G 10. The scenario that you laid out is similar to a podcast.

Comment

Interesting. I'd think I'd move UNC and FSU to the SEC column and VT to the Big 10 possibly along with Georgia Tech.

The Big XII taking on those last four teams seems iffy but I'm not sure they'll have any other place to go unless they remain in whatever is left of the ACC. You still have BC and Wake out there in the ACC trying to find a spot but I doubt any of these conferences want them. Same with Wazzu and Oregon St.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think the predictions you mention are more than viable, with possibly worth the mention of Duke to the Big East.

I agree with previous comment, FSU to SEC along with North Carolina makes more sense to me if the Big Ten ends up taking 6 Pac schools. I'd put Virginia and North Carolina into Big Ten if fewer PAc schools are involved.

PS - if any of Oregon, Washington, Cal, or Stanford do not go to the Big Ten, then all four should be ahead of any other Pac school on the Big 12 wish list. All 4 are bigger brands than AZ, ASU, Utah, etc...
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X